-ftp-

Anyone know who this is? Tell me so I don't jump here....

What would you do if you were the guy in the pink canopy at :23? Anyone know this guy?

If he didn't sincerely apologize right away, if I thought he didn't realize the need to change his ways, I'd take his reserve handle and throw it into the pond.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

What would you do if you were the guy in the pink canopy at :23? Anyone know this guy?

If he didn't sincerely apologize right away, if I thought he didn't realize the need to change his ways, I'd take his reserve handle and throw it into the pond.

Going by the author comments in the comment section, I'd wager he thinks he's just fine as is.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

The additional near-miss at @ 3:30 is just as bad ...and is clearly indicative of this person's totally cavalier attitude(s) too. This is precisely the kinda stuff being "debated" in Incidents right now. [:/]

Future fatality. Unfortunately he will most likely take someone else down with him.....[:/]
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

The additional near-miss at @ 3:30 is just as bad ...and is clearly indicative of this person's totally cavalier attitude(s) too. This is precisely the kinda stuff being "debated" in Incidents right now. [:/]

Future fatality. Unfortunately he will most likely take someone else down with him.....[:/]

I looked through his other videos posted - one was of him going bowling with two broken legs (on his knees). The video description didn't indicate it was a skydiving accident, but if I were a betting woman ...
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

At 3:01 you can see a sticker in the back that says "Sydney Skydivers" So unless it's a visitor's sticker. I'd wager it's in Australia.

youtube profile says Australia too
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

I wouldn't take the bet against you on anything short of 300:1 odds. Gotta love it, two near homicides under canopy and another near "mouth full o hurt" in the air.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I'm beginning to think that the answer is paint ball guns....

Frozen paint balls? or ceramic marbles?

I would've said scissors, but thought about it and afterall there's no reason to take it out on perfectly innocent gear.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I know the incident and the dropzone well. This was discussed in depth on the Australian skydiver forums.

After this incident, I know several people who now would rather land off dropzone than fly over the swoop pond to get to the intermediate landing area. This video is an example of "lower canopy has right of way" not meaning shit. When your life can so easily be taken by a moment of stupidity, assume everyone else has right of way. This could also be an example of how splitting off high performance landing areas may not completely resolve the problem of canopy collisions.

Both of these guys showed a serious lack in judgment. I think the guy under the pink canopy was acting stupidly. The guy who went ahead with his HP landing was wreckless. On the video you can see the pink canopy flying toward the swoop pond. He should have aborted his HP landing.
I think they both should be grounded for a little reflection time.

On the video you can see the pink canopy flying toward the swoop pond. He should have aborted his HP landing.

IIRC from the other thread, the guy flying the pink canopy was a student. They often need help when they are learning to make judgment calls.
Owned by Remi #?

Going by the author comments in the comment section, I'd wager he thinks he's just fine as is.

I personally know this guy, and NO he does NOT think he is fine as is.

He was very apologetic and in fact opened himself up to scrutiny by posting this vid on our local forum.
It's from a little while back and he has endeavoured to correct his flying accordingly
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

On the video you can see the pink canopy flying toward the swoop pond. He should have aborted his HP landing.

IIRC from the other thread, the guy flying the pink canopy was a student. They often need help when they are learning to make judgment calls.

Very True. I would only hope that the instructor monitoring this students progress has taken him aside and discussed the situation with him. Hopefully while having him watch the video that showed him coming close to dying. As far as the HP pilot is concerned. I am mystified. The vibe I'm picking up here is all about how the "Pink" canopy guy screwed up. Where is the just criticism for the failure of the other guy to abort his pond swoop.

Where is the just criticism for the failure of the other guy to abort his pond swoop.

He has very definitely been criticised regarding this. He has made some mistakes and did not mind posting the video evidence, he is also the sort of guy who wants to see others learn from his mistakes.

I believe he made a comment on youtube from him saying, "No blood no foul."

That doesn't support the claim that he's learned from his close-calls. I'd like to think that he had a change of heart later, and that those that know him are correct in that reporting.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

That doesn't support the claim that he's learned from his close-calls. I'd like to think that he had a change of heart later, and that those that know him are correct in that reporting.

Why would we lie?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Why would we lie?

I don't think you would, but he might. The comment of no blood no foul can support a cynical conclusion that he might be saying what others want to hear without really taking it to heart. Hopefully that is not true and he did recognize the error of his ways (and won't repeat them).