Knobee

Third jump this weekend

Hello everyone. I've been a lurker here for quite a while, but never actually thought I'd get to jump.

On June 4th, my 17th wedding anniversary, my wife and I jumped for the first time at Carolina Sky Sports in Louisburg, NC.

We jumped again on July 3rd, and plan to jump again (weather permitting) this coming Saturday, August 6th.

I have to figure out how to make skydiving a job requirement.

Any ideas? :ph34r:

Those that have not jumped can not understand
Those that have jumped can not explain.

Well what do you do for a living???

Computer consulting -- network / security.

Two observations from a new jumper:

One: I'm a volunteer firefighter (for fun).. odd thing here is that I thought that I'd get my buddies on the department to jump.

Out of 40 members, I got 37 "____ no", 2 "possibly" and 1 "sure, as soon as I get a free weekend".

Conclusion: being stupid enough to run into a burning building does not mean that you will jump out of "a perfectly good airplane".

Two: I've discovered that the chatter in the plane on the way up to jump is quite similar to the ride on the back of a firetruck on the way to a fire/wreck call.. for the most part, jovial, nearly horseplay.. followed by a definite sense of "ok, it's time to do somethign serious".

Conclusion: Both groups understand when we need to get the work done.

Blue Skies!

Welcome to the forums! :)

The amazing thing is that she suprised me with the first jump. All I knew that was on our anniversary, I was to keep 8:00am -> 3:00pm free.

It was tough, as I was on call that weekend and had to get someone to cover... we had a major system melt-down on the night of the 3rd/morning of the 4th that had me getting to bed at 6:00am on Saturday (4th) morning.

As I crawled into bed my wife told me that if I was too tired, we would skip, but that she had gotten us a tandem parachute jump... I was up in an hour and ready to go.:S

I'm all up for AFF, but she continues to tell me that #3 will be her last and that we will have to "seriously discuss" any further jumps on my part. [:/]

I've not priced out AFF yet, but plan to continue skydiving as much as possible. Anyone need a slightly used wife? (yes, it's a joke JOKE JOKE!!!)

To continue in the off-topic chatter, a friend of mine was in Europe for the last couple of months, and when he saw that I had gone skydiving, he went while in Switzerland:

report here: http://www.letired.net/?p=78
pictures here: http://www.letired.net/gallery5/index.html

I think he's going with us this weekend as well.