GARYC24

Jalbert Parafoil 252

I made some post in the past regarding my quest for accuracy gear.
I now have acquired the container and reserve.
And plan on getting a Parafoil 252!
I have a few questions.
The canopy will need risers (of course)
Is there anything I should know? (regarding risers?)

The canopy needs Pilot chute.
Anything I should know?
Also, it has a spider slider (i don't know what it is)

Basically, I seek info regarding pilot chute, risers, and slider.
Thanks..
Gary Calhoun

A spider slider is basically an "X" of webbing with a grommet or ring in each corner.
By itself, a spider slider doesn't do much to slow the opening, so most users tie it to the pilotchute with a long bridle/rope. Low-speed bridles are slightly longer than the suspension lines, so they just go straight up through the middle of the Parafoil to the pilot chute.

High speed bridles are double length, so they can have one end tied to the pilot chute and the other end tied to the bottom skin. The middle of the bridle slides through a ring on the middle of the spider slider.

Since Parafoils are fairly heavy canopies, you will want a pilot chute in the 36 to 40 inch range. Also ask a rigger to check that your bridle is compatible with your container. Hint: BOC is the simplest.

Now go stomp some discs.

Hey Rob are you going to come down to Snohomish this weekend for the Al Zilk Memorial Accuracy meet... and "stomp some disks" with some of your Canadian bretheren???

Good times will be had by all.. Pancake breakfast at the DZ at 7:30 AM.... lots of jumps for all... and a BBQ with Salmon and other goodies ..( some of my possible beer debts will be paid as well.. and I can assure you there will be NO LITE BEER in my cooler:S

Thanks for the invitation to Snohomish.
Unfortunately I just got off the phone with a guy who wants me to do a tandem jump with his 6'3", 265 pound buddy Saturday afternoon.
Sorry, but I have to work Saturday.

Say hello to all the old Snohomishites for me please.