dekac99

Skydiving friendly bank

Hello everyone,

I am thinking of taking an AFF/PFF course and there is something that bothers me. I mean I have saved enough money for the course but what afterwards. I see here there are people with hunderds/thousands jumps and I am not sure how someone can afford so many jumps. Having a family to feed I am afraid if I got hooked I'd be broke and my wife would kill me ;).

Any suggestion would be really appreciated.

Blue skies.

Dekac

there is not cheap way to skydive as a hobby, its very simple.

People who have thousands of jumps work within the industry, have been jumping for many many years or a just rich!

I have only been jumping for about 4 months and ive already spent about £6K. Just be prepared to go slow (unlike me) or have a nice interest free credit card

Having a family to feed I am afraid if I got hooked I'd be broke and my wife would kill me ;).

Welcome to the age old question. I have found that balance is the key to my happiness. Naturally my family will always come first, but I'm lucky, because my children are almost on their own and I'm able to jump more and more.

I suggest sitting down with your wife and writing out what the cost of staying in the sport will cost you. Together you can figure out how much the family budget will allow you to do.

Also, figure out what days you can be away from the house to go to the DZ. I wouldn't suggest going to the DZ every weekend, both days. That's when the family life will start to suffer.

Again, remember..........BALANCE.

Good luck.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I learned to pack after my 2nd jump. Got signed off on packing and now pack for money to jump.

Make sure to find a balance with your family and a good budget will go a long way.

Welcome and remember it's all about "FUN"
Punky Monkey
You may never get rid of the butterflies, but you can teach them how to fly in formation

Teach the wife to pack so she can make money for you to make more jumps:)
Just don't let her jump! It just becomes that much more expensive.:S

Then the damn kids, they start jumping and the next thing you know your completely broke!

Alternatively, ditch the wife and sell the kids. Life will be that much simpler and no one will nag at you for spending so much time at the dropzone.:)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Not much!

I'm a single parent with only one son but the SOB started jumping last year!

I'm F*uked!:o

Haha... Good luck with the money situation! :ph34r:

What do you do when someone throws a big planet at you?
Throw your pilot chute in defense!