alexispainchaud

jumpsuit pattern

Hi! My lil' sister is pretty good for making clothing and she offered me to try to make me a freefly jumpsuit. My question is, is there a pattern for that? Can I buy it? Borrow it? Or is it better to just go the ol' trial and error way?
Cheers

El Flying Mohawk

P.S. she's 15 and she's about to make her first tandem jump on may 1st... Can't wait to see her face in the plane....
All work
And no skydive
Makes Alexis
A dull boy

Just thought I'd mention to all those who visit it the thread link in the last post. Sewing is the best thing I have ever learned how to do. I became good enough at sewing so that I didn't have to get a real job for almost 12 years. Of course, eventually sewing turned into a real job but thats beside the point.
There is virtually no product made using sewing machines that I "need" to buy. I just make it. If my P/C wears out, I just make a new one. Cost? A couple of bucks. If My BASE rig gets dirty, I just make a new one for around $500.00 less than I can buy one.
If I need a custom, one of a kind James Bond style back pack, I just make it.
My advice to any one is, find the patience, learn how to sew, or weld, or wood work, or what ever. Make things. Be creative. Don't wait or pay for some one to make it for you when the satisfaction of creating something your self is only a short time away.

My advice to any one is, find the patience, learn how to sew, or weld, or wood work, or what ever. Make things. Be creative. Don't wait or pay for some one to make it for you when the satisfaction of creating something your self is only a short time away.

Amen to that brother... Sewing is a great skill and it's so cool to wear something that you actually made. To me the satisfaction is immense.
It's even greater when people start to want the stuff you create...Nothing like it. So really, I can't help but smile when I see people paying 250 bucks for a plain looking freefly suit that they had to wait 5 weeks for and I can make a screaming one for 10 bucks in a few hours!

The feeling of creating something is a feeling you will never get by working behind a computer all day! (eventhough it's what I do to pay the bills...[:/])

To me the ultimate satisfaction would be to sew a whole rig together and take it over a cliff and be confident enough about my skills to trust my life on it! Now that would be satisfying!!!

Don't be afraid to experience a little. Sewing, welding, fixing cars, carpentry, plumbing, they are all pretty easy to learn... Just play with it and you will learn rather quickly and start saving tons of money! The cool thing is that now you can find manuals and "how to" books about almost everything!

Anyone can learn those relatively simple trades provided that you do not have two left hand...:P

"We see the world just the way we are...

(To me the ultimate satisfaction would be to sew a whole rig together and take it over a cliff and be confident enough about my skills to trust my life on it! Now that would be satisfying!!!)

the first time I jumped a rig that I made, I stood at the edge for what must have been an hour mentaly disecting the rig on my back. The process went something like this...
"did I remember to properly attach the vertical piece of the harnes to the lateral piece around the waist??? Yea, I remember doing that."
And on it went untill I had gone over the entire rig building process. I'll never forget how good It felt looking back up at the cliff I had just jumped from and thinking, "I guess Mom was right, I can do anything I put my mind to"