darksteppa1

Been gone for awhile but now im back

Welcome back!

Personally i would just do AFF, you have not gone far enough down your original AFF course for the wind tunnel to be that beneficial in my opinion.

If you have the money for the tunnel as well as AFF and you want to do it then i would wait until jump 5/6 when your doing turns... and then get tunnel time in to practice your moves

Welcome back:)
I suggest doing the tunnel if you can afford it. It will take away any bad habits.

Check out Mailin's story about her AFF. She did about an hour before doing her level one.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

If your profile is right, and you have only did 2 jumps, I'd suggest to start over and the DZ you jump at will probably also. [:/]

If you think your past performance was bad enough to think you need the wind tunnel to save you from repeating your levels, then go do the tunnel and then you still have to finish all the AFF levels.

Feel free to PM me about my private course I run just north of you.
It may save you some money and time in the tunnel after I know how much you have retained from your training 6 months ago.

Be safe.
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I got some tunnel time after third jump. I could have used it earlier. Any repeated levels more then pays for a good chunk of tunnel time and the staff is right in front of you to tell you how to improve. The video they shoot is great to see what went well and what to change. Once you know the feeling of good body position, it makes the dive flows for AFF much easier. My newbie opinion is for tunnel time early on.

Good luck,

Monkeyboy
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I'm not sure that you need to spend the money on tunnel time. But if i was in your shoes, i'd go for it. I've seen a lot of people struggle through AFF, and then come back from one tunnel trip and kick butt through the rest of the student jumps.

Pay one of the tunnel instructors for some coaching, it'll be money well spent. Make sure they know about your previous jumps and that you are starting AFF over. I'd also let your DZ know that you are doing that, and see if they can combine a level or two somewhere down the line. I know DZs that have done that for people who spent time in the tunnel. It's worth asking...what's the worst they can say?

How much tunnel time to get, that's another question. If I was in your shoes, I'd to do ten minutes on one day, then another ten the next day. If you're limited to one day, I'd do 15 minutes. Any less and i'm not sure how much you'll be able to learn. An hour in one day is way too much, even 30 minutes in a day is pushing it.

Good luck, let know how it goes

I'm a total newbie, but for what it's worth, the tunnel proved to be enormously helpful in my case. I did it after jump 7 or 8, and I so wish I had done it earlier!

Also, why don't you ask the instructors at your DZ if they think some tunnel time would be helpful?

just my experience..i did AFF up to level 3 and then had to take 6 months off...i felt that i had not done a good job with my jumps so far (unstable) and so went for some good tunnel time before starting from AFF 1...the combination went like a dream and i got my A licence requirements done with the minimum jump number allowed.
As i recall on the repeat AFF 1, the reserve side JM released almost immediately and it just went on from there. Of course that it probably a tribute to the great coaching from SDU and Rob Laidlaw but it sure worked well for me. Going back and running thru the AFF 1 again so well also gave me a lot more confidence.
Good luck
"Work hard, play hard and don't whinge"

Hi there

Well done for coming back. The fact that you wanna carry on skyding is great.

I would say talk to people who know you and find out their opinion. Ultimately it is your decision and if you have money to spend on the tunnel then get in there, but remember that you still need to learn lots about your canopy control too and this can only be learnt from skydiving. You will definately benefit from any tunnel time.

Wishing you blue skies, cool skydives and happy landings.

XX

Sarah
www.sneale-create.com