skydivingdutch

Do you open and repack your rig off-dz?

Yeah but what about that trash pack you did at the end of the day cuz you were tired and in a hurry to leave?

dude, those open the best man. the neater you pack, the harder it opens. think about it, they pack reserves all neat and shit and they open fast well it works the same on mains. just shove the fucker in there and you'll be good.;):D

later

I have a Sabre2 with less than 50 jumps on it, it's a 150 and I'm cramming it into something designed for a 135. If I somehow get it in there, I'm NOT taking it out for anything. For me, packing involves sweat, blood, tears, yelling, emotion, and pain.
=========Shaun ==========

the harder it opens. think about it, they pack reserves all neat and shit and they open fast well it works the same on mains

:)
Yeah, I've noticed that last pack job of the day at the DZ, although somewhat sloppy, gives me better openings that if I pack it carefully at home. Although, sometimes I'm just too tired at the end of the day to pack, and it's kinda hard to be a good boy when all your buds are standing around drinking beer, so I often toss that puppy unpacked in the cab of my pickup and pack it at home the next day.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Although, sometimes I'm just too tired at the end of the day to pack, and it's kinda hard to be a good boy when all your buds are standing around drinking beer, so I often toss that puppy unpacked in the cab of my pickup and pack it at home the next day.

Amen;) I almost always do that too :D Besides, I love the look on my wife's face while I am packing the canopy in the living rom:)

Hispas Brothers President
HISPA #2,

Practice, practice, practice. After I learned how to pack at the DZ I took my rig home and packed it again and again until I had no doubts that I could do it myself. I have only jumped my own rig about 10 times but have packed it about 30 times.

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.
Pelt Head #3

yes definatly. when im bored on rainy days which we have a shit load here in portland or. i try different ways of packing i learn here on the forums. call me weird but i pride myself on perfect on head openings and have gottem them to be a regular occurence. i actualy like packing and when not jumping any contact with my gear or the sport helps me get threw the down time. not only does it make me a faster better packer, it keeps my gear in tip top shape and makes me safer and more knowledgable. basicly i love this sport more with every waking day. and thank god im able to be a skydiver.

I've unpacked my rig and repacked it at home. Mostly for the practice. But I also agree, winter's up here are too long, gotta do SOMETHING skydiving related

Simple solution to the long winters....
MOVE TO FLORIDA....

BASE 3:16 - Even if you are about to land on a cop - DONT FORGET TO FLARE!
Free the soul -- DJ

NO, if it's packed, it's OK to jump.
I only did it when I had 2 different canopies for "normal" and wingsuit jumps (or an other jump on which I prefer a fast opening), and I knew I was going the other one the day after.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I will unpack my main and leave it out in the kitchen if a hot chick is coming over. Hot chicks love skydivers......lol...

I have nothing good to add. I dont even have a main yet. But give me 2 weeks when all my crap gets here.B|

Joe - making his way back to Bonfire.
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.