ChristianH

Happy AFF Graduate!

Hi Guys!

I graduated from AFF yesterday and boy, was it a blast! It all started with one innocent Tandem last year and I immediately was hooked. I had to save up some money to start AFF but it is all worth it.
The only level that I had to repeat was AFF4. I started to spin like crazy and could not get it under control. The jump after that went fine and I never had any problems with spinning again. The instructor who took me up for my graduation dive was by coincidence also the same guy who took me up for my first Tandem. That was really a nice bonus.
My exit sucked but then again, I got stable and just performed my routines. Tracking is really really fun but I still need to stick out my legs more!
After that jump I was so happy and I was lucky enough to be able to do my solo jump on the next load. No pressure to perform, no stress, just sheer fun and the feeling of total freedom!
I met so many interesting people and EVERYONE is friendly and always willing to help a new jumper out. That part of the sport is almost as good as jumping itself!
I know that I am still at the beginning of my learning but I look forward to every single step and I am smart enough to know what I don't know. To put it in the words of one instructor "You will be fine as long as you don't do anything stupid!".
To all the other students out there who sometimes wonder if they can pull it through, you will and believe me - it is sooooooo worth it!

Congratualtions! How was the first solo jump??
Jen

That was soooo awesome! It is one step to go from a Tandem Jump to an AFF jump and then something completely different to do your first solo. No instructors and no pressure to perform. I didn't really do anything except get stable and enjoy the freefall. It was a feeling of TOTAL freedom! Some of my non-skydiving friends keep asking me what it feels like but there really is no way to describe it. You HAVE to get out there and experience it yourself. The only regret that I have now is that I haven't started sooner. But then again, I am only 32 years old so I still have a lot of time!

I know that I still have a LOT to learn but I look forward to it.:)

It still does after 600 jumps .............. And I am sure our more experienced skydivers with thousands of jumps will vouch that it it is still great fun otherwise they wouldn't be doing it !
---------------------------------------
Everything that happens to you in life is your teacher. The secret is to learn to sit at the feet of your life and be taught.

Congratulations on making it. I can't offer any advice because I've only done three!! but want to keep jumping. Did stage 3 yesterday and apparently did really well, from my JM's accounts anyway. Discovered that I wasn't as stable on my own as I may have previously thought, but got the go ahead to keep going. Maybe you can answer my question posted on this site. Is the feeling, control etc of a dive exit any different to going backside out? Or is it in my head? I was in the skyvan with a stage 9 jumper (in Australia) who has to complete 3 jumps from 5, 4 and 3000 feet, then it's on to B rels. It just spun me out a bit to see him go head first at such low altitude!! and think that is going to be me soon?? Any advice on this, or am I making a mountain out of a mole hill? Blue Skies.