SweetL1

Newbie from Los Angeles . . any suggestions?

Hi Everyone!
I'm seriously thinking about going skydiving on Sunday for the first time in Los Angeles but I don't know how to choose where to do it. Do any of you know what the good companies are? I know there is LA Sky Diving in Riverside and one in Lake Elsinore. Any suggestions about what to do or how to be calm during a first jump would be awesome also. . . Any help is appreciated . . thanks!
-Lisa:)

Hope you have fun! I know tandem was the right choice for the first one for me because it just gives you that sensation of flight, and that way you won't be scared/surprised in experiencing it later. Plus, many DZ's offer discounts on the AFF program if you do a tandem first! Enjoy!

You'll never find me Jew gold!

Welcome! The main thing with your first jump is try to RELAX. Your instructor will do all the hard stuff. Just try to arch your back and keep your arms and legs from dropping down. You will probably be in sensory overload and won't remember most of it after you land. But you will feel like a million bucks! :)
The main thing is just listen to your instructor and HAVE FUN!! Let us know how it went!

Jeth B|
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

Elsinore is my home dz. . .I love it there and so will you. It is very layed back and a lot of fun. Relax and enjoy your tandem. You will love it so much.

Let me know when you are going to be there and I will say Hi!
FGF #6
Darcy

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions!! I jumped yesterday and it was AMAZING!!! i wanted to get up there and do it all over again. I wasn't that nervous at all actually and my tandem instructor was so great. I can't wait to do it again! thanks again . . :)B|