darksteppa1

Coming Through

saying wut up to all the skydiver's. (mad respects)

this is gonna be my first tandom jump on Saturday June 20th. i get sweaty hand's. from who knows what? i guess you can say that it's from being nervouse or too hyped about it...... whats the actual feeling of skydiving and, how does the first min of freefalling really feel like?

im kinda scared but, im really excited too do this.

p.s. i was also thinking of joining the US ARMY. both my brothers tell me to not jump but, it has allready been paid for so, there is no backin down on this. this is kinda like signing my life for service which im down for......i dunno? say what u feel like you wanna say.

i feel that im gonna feel like this the first time....:(

Hi there,
You're gonna love your first jump! You will be nervous, anxious, scared, etc. Especially when they open the door. When you first exit, you will feel like you're falling just for a few seconds, till you hit terminal velocity (when you stop accelerating). Then you will feel like you're FLYING!! And what a feeling that is!!! Woo-hoo!! :)
The first jump is very overwhelming. You will probably be in sensory overload and won't even really register what's going on. Then before you know it the chute is open and you are in a peaceful decent back to earth.
Don't forget to breathe in freefall. You may feel like you can't, but that's just in your head. Just breathe normally.

Have fun! Let us know how it went!

Jeth B|
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

Hi DK,
Well, besides remembering to breathe, Screaming at the top of your lungs seems to help a lot. Don't start kicking though, that will only upset your tandemmaster and scare the BJZ outa' him/her. As far as the Army is concerned, remember, those guys are soldiers first, if you think that that Paratrooping is skydiving for fun and profit, are you ever in for a surprise!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

what is the best way too get rid of my nervouse anxiety? i am always nervouse in the begining but, there is no way in hell that i am backin off of this one... Get a good nights sleep and go easy on the booze? I don't know many people including myself that could get rid of all the nervous anxiety prior the first jump.It took me several jumps to settle down. Once you get out that door things slow down and it is fun. When the time comes to go, you will.

Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

that is exactly what i am going to do. i gotta go to work on Friday Morning from 10 am-6pm which will burn me out. i am not gonna drink and, party @ all. i'm going to leave all of my worries away so, i can enjoy my jump.

thank you all. :)
p.s. i will get back too y'all on Saturday night.:ph34r:

Hi DK,
Remember one thing at the door, that the anxiety you feel is the "Fear of the unknown!!" Look at the experienced jumpers. Why are they lovin' it!! They took the plunge just like you, experienced, gained knowledge, put it to use and learned how to fly! You have to crawl before you walk and fall before you fly! "Knowledge is power!!" Keep us posted.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

what an amazing feeling. i have finally made my 1st tandem jump! 2 weeks b4 i jumped i was really, really nervous. i end up goin out there (which took us 2 hrs to get to the actual location) i was'nt even feeling nervous or scared....got straped went into the plane saying, this is for everyone back @ home that thought i could'nt do it. i am doing it and, there is nothing that can be said so, enjoy my jump. WO HO HOOOOO!!! @ 12,500 ft.............

i jumped out ...........

and HAD THE BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD.....IM IN LOVE W/SKYDIVING. i wanna keep doing it and doing it and doing it......

if the first timers are scared n afraid too do it????

DO IT!;)

B|B|B|B|B|B|B|

yup yup......it did change my life. now, i actually appreciate what life is about. changed me totally. now, i am goin back in about 3 weeks for my 2nd tamdem and, then i get into AFF w/ lessons 1-7.....after that, do atleast 30 more jumps n get my license for skydiving.

BLUE SKY'S BABY!!!!!!!

i am still on hype + i still feel the adrenaline rush.....

Mad Respect's to all the skydiver's out there. including..........

SKYDIVE TAFT which is in the city of Taft California.
i gotta give that location an A+ A+ A+

:D:D

Congrats on the 1st jump!! So glad you enjoyed it as much as we all did. Yup, it is an amazing experience. Ever since my jump I am constantly looking up at the sky thinking that it's a great day to jump! I have also finished reading "The Skydivers Handbook", I highly recommend it.
I am going for my 2nd tandem on the 10th, I can't wait!! I wish I could do it sooner but I've been travelling every weekend. I know the 2nd one is gonna be 100 times better than the first one. I really hope I am more relaxed so I can process more of it. Then I can move on to learn how to jump by myself. Woo-hoo! :)
Anyway, welcome to the "hooked-after-one-jump" club. ;)

Jeth B|
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site