donkeyboy30

New and Nervous - First Jump Wednesday (UK)

Hi Skydiving Guru's,

I've decided that the force was to strong and have my first (tandem) skydive this Wednesday (26th May in the UK).

I'm just after some of your views and how your first experiance was and what I can expect on the day, at the moment I have the song of "I will survive" running through my head.

Wish me luck!!! [:/].

Matt

-----------------------------------------------
"What goes up, must come down, but in style"

A place called Old Buckenham Airfield near Norfolk, just pass Diss, hopefully the weather will hold out.....I booked the jump months ago, but no it has come to the crunch I'm a little nervous but get a rush thinking about the experiance??

How was your first??

cheers guys and thanks for your support. I'm sure I'll be ok and will be gagging to get back up there again.

Good luck for your AFF, I've been looking into doing the RAP?!?!, but I'd rather learn how to walk first before I can run, well.....in this case fall!!!.

If I don't speak to you before hand, then thanks again but I shall post again on Thursday with my experience!!!

Thanks skymama,

I'm having my jump video'd to, so I can pass on the experience to friends and hopefully get them to make the jump one day to, you never know, maybe one day I can have my own 4 way team.

Great site by the way!!, I'm sure I'm going to make many friends and hopefully met them at "Boogie" weekends which I've been reading about.

I'm just after some of your views and how your first experiance was and what I can expect on the day, at the moment I have the song of "I will survive" running through my head.

Wish me luck!!! [:/].

Matt

Hi Matt, welcome to the forums and pre-congrats on your soon to come first jump !
My first experience was not very good, this is the reason why I am still desperately trying to find any fun and pleasure in skydiving. Will try harder. :P:P:P
The thing you have to expect, is you'll have to buy loads of :D:D:D:D for almost any occasion, specially for each and every pre-second event.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I'm certainly no guru and am a mere student, but, I can honestly say, that if the sky is calling you...ANSWER IT!!

Once you are at the door...all your fears should disappear. You are there!! Take a nice deeeeep breath of that nice cool air and then go fly, fly, fly!!

Here's a good description of how the exit feels.

"WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.........yay!!!":D:D:D

Advice: Relax, trust your instructor, relax, breathe, (arch, arch, arch).

Since you will have a vid guy floating around you - enjoy and geek your a$$ off!!:P;):P

Live life like you never have.

Then go home, watch your video a thousand times, and wonder what you've been waiting for.

Welcome! I think jumpmonkeyUK summed it up pretty good. You're gonna have a blast! Let us know how it went.

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

Hi!

When I did my first jump, I had to be talked into it for two months first....I also did a tandem and was asking when I could go again before we'd even finished ;)

I finish AFF next weekend (weather permitting) so no doubt we'll be hearing from you soon about how you're hooked :D

You sure will hear from me, I think I'm slightly hooked already, all I've been doing today at work is look out of the window and up into the sky and praying that the weather holds out for tomorrow, my instructor has called saying that it's all game on.......I feel I may have a sleepless night but can't wait to experience the adrenaline rush you all describe!!! afterwards......I'll drop you a line on my return tomorrow evening!!B|

Anyone else suspect we have an addition to our ranks? He's hooked and doesn't even know it yet. ;)
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams