Cepheus

Hey everyone :)

Not necessarilly new to the forums, but given as my last post was several months ago, I thought I'd re-introduce myself. :)
I'm Cepheus (as in, Cepheus the King, Father of Andromeda, etc), aka Erik Forbes. I have 12 jumps, all made between October and December of 2002.

Whoa, long time ago. Yeah, I know. If there's one downfall to skydiving (I just can't stand a pun unused), it'd have to be the fact that you can't jump without money. :P

Just curious if anyone remembers me, and just wanted to say hi. I MISS the sky, and I miss hanging out with my skydiving friends. Skydivers are the coolest bunch of people I have ever known, and I feel so... uncultured... recently. :P
--
Skydive -- testing gravity, one jump at a time.

Much as I wish I could say I was... I'm not. The world runs on $$$...

The sad part is that I'm sitting here with a $130 check for some tech work I did recently. But as soon as I pop that in the bank it's going to get sucked dry. Bills suck. The sucketh verily.
--

I MISS the sky, and I miss hanging out with my skydiving friends. Skydivers are the coolest bunch of people I have ever known, and I feel so... uncultured... recently. :P

Welcome back, and guess what? You can still go to the DZ and hang out with your sky buddies. Besides, you can still learn a lot of stuff, such as packing, wich can be turned into money down the road. Then you can help with manifest and other things at the DZ. And all of this can become jump money down the road;)
And one more thing "Welcome Back" :)

Hispas Brothers President
HISPA #2,

;)Welcome back to the forum! What kind of student program did you do? AFF? Tandem Progression? I know at one of my local DZ's, since you have been out of the sport for awhile, they will usually make you go back and do a level 5 or 6, with one jumpmaster, but this is if you did the AFF jump course as a student. Whatever it takes, do it!

I know, i did the AFF Level 1 - 4, quit for a year, & then came back! Once you are in the sky, it will all come back to you. Good Luck!

I did several tandems at first while I was still learning my passion for the sport (I mad one tandem my first day, then came back the next weekend during a boogie and made 3 more) before starting AFF at level 3. I did manage to graduate, but that was my last jump.
--