freeasabird

Just wanted to say "Hello"!

Hey everyone! Just trying to be social and saying "hello".

I am a newbie who started jumping in September 2003. I currently have 20 jumps logged. My DZ is located in the Midwest at a quaint airport staffed with very friendly people. So far, I am definitely glad that I introduced myself to the sport and cannot wait to learn more in the future and experience even greater thrills than I already have!

I have watched this forum for a month or so now and I am overall very impressed with the professionalism that my fellow skydivers exhibit while posting their threads. It brings real credit and honor to the sport of skydiving when such fine ladies and gentlemen are participants and post to these forums in such a distinguished manner. Thanks for all the great info and I look forward to making my own "real" posts someday soon!
-----

Welcome and enjoy this great site. I am amazed with how much I have learned from reading all the post and different links. I hope you find it as rewarding as I do.
B|
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Welcome to the forums! :)

when such fine ladies and gentlemen are participants and post to these forums in such a distinguished manner

Is that some kind of trick psychology to get everyone to behave? ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Welcome to the sport!
-----
"My DZ is located in the Midwest at a quaint airport staffed with very friendly people."
-----
My home DZ is much the same...a small airfield in Colorado, staffed, owned, operated and jumped by some of the finest people I've met. I started in Sept as well and just recently moved to SoCal. I've started jumping at Perris and other than the size, grandeur and some of the "greats" flying about, it feels much the same. Professionalism abounds in skydiving.
It was intimidating as hell, at first, though. I'm still a newbie (38 jumps w/ only 9 of those being off my home DZ). I miss my DZ and have been back a few times and plan to go back next weekend. Still can't wait to go back to Brush and jump there, but getting to another DZ and spreading my wings has given me some different perspectives. For me, it brought me out of my comfort zone a bit and tempered my eagerness to more appropriate levels w/ respect to my experience. I recommend it to anyone who's recently gotten their "A". If you find yourself getting too comfortable as a newbie, take a road trip to another DZ. It'll put your head back in the right place.
Also, Parachutist just had a great article about "Leaving the Nest". Good read.
-C.

:)

Thanks. I am still working on my proficiency card. I have some work to do on my accuracy under canopy. Winds have not been great lately - but still no excuse. I also need to start doing some loops and barrel rolls - hopefully this weekend? Other than that, looking good for applying soon...

-----