bubbadrop

Was my first jump experience normal?

I remember bits and peices..nothing from the exit until about 10 sec or so into the jump. Even then I only remember little things, like legs out signals :)
I even messed up my exit count, only going through about half of it and jumping :)

This sport is the best!

Nick.

Those who dance, are cosidered insane by those who can't hear the music.

i had quite a lot of time distortion on my first jump...after the practice pulls everything seemed fine for ages (2000ft)..then came to lockout and pull and i went into cloud, paniced a bit, fumbled for my pull toggle...it felt like 5 secs, but the video showed it was barely 1. It may be because there was less work for you to do in the dive you may not have any markers in the jump to recognise the stages and the time involved. Its probably like the opposite of watching a kettle boil...my first tandem and aff felt shorter than it was as well, guess thats the adrenalin doing its stuff.

Like someone said, a video helps put it all in perspective. Helped me a lot, and the second time around the time distortion felt less...:)

Go for another :D

Hello everyone,
I did my first jump (tandem) just 2 weeks ago. I experienced sensory overload and could not remember a dam thing about the jump other then I totally loved it and want to do it again.
Now 2 weeks after its coming back (watching the video 30 times has helped ;)) but the free fall is still fuzzy, I have no idea what the ground looked like at 200km/ph.
My instructor was absolutely wonderful and I’m going back for my second tandem jump next week, after that I'm starting the AFF course…..
Yes I’m addicted :)

Hey Bubba -
Congrats on the jump! I made my first jump this Sunday. Bailed out at 15kft, and remember EVERYTHING. Had been anticipating this day for years, and wasn't about to forget a single second of it. Everybody replying says to keep jumping and you'll remember more with each jump....what better excuse could you ask for?!

Am completely hooked - am signing up for the ground school and intend to get certified (licensed?)...much to the horror of my husband and kids.

keep jumping-