panzwami

Differences between Nitro and Nitron?

while the NITRO 150 has a trim angle of 13.25 degrees (the lowest trim angle I have ever measured).

now i know why it's so easy coming back from long spots :)
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

Not the one I have jumped last year but they should have changed recently.

They did! I jumped one of the new demos.

That sucks, for me. Precision didn't have the black lines when I bought mine a few years ago. I'll get black lines if I have it relined though.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

Then I am pretty sure that canopy has been relined with new black lines because black lines are quite recent (1.5-2 years). They are supposed to be treated against UV light.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

Good summary erdnarob and interesting info concerning the trim angle of the NITRO...

In a few words, the Nitro 1 has fabric from Gelvenor Textiles, which is less slippery;
a freely attached leading edge, to provide better stability during flare;
small black TCNL Technora lines, an Aramid-based fiber, with UV protection ; black Dacron is used for the lower control lines ;
suspension lines are continuous without cascades ; spanwise reinforcement tapes , however the Nitro pack a bit larger than the Nitron;
a checkerboard pattern on the center cell which is not available on the Nitron
( Nitro2 as a different and newer pattern );
a different slider killing system with heavier lines ; and semi-curved winglets on top of the canopy ...

The Nitro is available from 78sqft to 150 sqft.

Thanks for adding more of the Nitro features. The least we can say is that you know your stuff. This is why we have this forum isn't it ? I believe Technora is another name for HMA (High Modulus Aramid (fiber)). I didn't know the steering lines were made of Dacron (black color too). That's why they are so thick. My friend has complained about them since the knot at the toggle is quite bulky and in few occasions it has stopped the slider grommet.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

Ok I know I'm resurrecting a thread that was started 8 years ago, but I was wondering if anybody has some more input now that the nitro and nitron have been around awhile. From what I've found they are pretty much the same canopy but the Nitron comes in more sizes. The price is pretty close and the Nitro is actually cheaper. I guess it comes down to customer service. I'm just wondering now that Beezy is gone is Hiper's customer service still as good as Precision's?

It might just come to a coin toss between the two;)

Experience is knowing a lot of things you shouldn't do !

I have flown both and can't really tell any real difference between them from a flight stance (there are minor differences in construction). Probably 50 jumps on a Nitro, and about 150 on the Nitron. I have a Nitron now, and absolutely love it. I can't say enough great things about it. It's exactly what I need in a canopy... aggressive enough to learn to fly the living crap out of it, but can fly conservatively enough to plant in a very congested back yard if necessary (and I have done this).

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

I have flown both and can't really tell any real difference between them from a flight stance (there are minor differences in construction). Probably 50 jumps on a Nitro, and about 150 on the Nitron. I have a Nitron now, and absolutely love it. I can't say enough great things about it. It's exactly what I need in a canopy... aggressive enough to learn to fly the living crap out of it, but can fly conservatively enough to plant in a very congested back yard if necessary (and I have done this).

Thanks ! That's exactly what I've heard about them. So I guess it comes down to customer service. Do you have any preference ?
Experience is knowing a lot of things you shouldn't do !