Floats18

New to Dropzone.com

I'm New to this forum and sport, but I am excited about both. Sorry to tell the moderators but I'm a little more excited about the sport than the forum ;). I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the total cost should be if you are going through a reasonable AAF course. If you could shoot me an estimate, that'd be cool. There's a club here at my college and I am very excited to get into it, you guys have a bad ass sport.
-Kyle
--- and give them wings so they may fly free forever

DiverDriver in Training

Sorry to tell the moderators but I'm a little more excited about the sport than the forum

ROFL!! :D That makes us happy, really it does. ;)

Welcome to the forums and the sky. How much is AFF? Dunno exactly but I can tell you that once you're a skydiver you can expect to spend 1/2 or more of your income on it for the rest of your life. :ph34r:

Welcome to the fourms! :)

Sorry to tell the moderators but I'm a little more excited about the sport than the forum

Ok, thanks for letting us know. We'll just ban you now. ;)

Seriously, good luck on your AFF and start asking mom and dad for more money for your rig. I'm sure they'll love that! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Seriously, good luck on your AFF and start asking mom and dad for more money for your rig. I'm sure they'll love that! :ph34r:

Welcome,

I got my folks to pay for a cypress. You know the routine,

"Hey Dad, got a rig, main parachute, reserve and harness, gonna jump it soon. btw the way have you heard about these cool little things called AADs, you don't really need one but..."

Worked like a charm.

Yes I am evil and manipulative.

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

I'm new here also, i'm starting my AFF next week. My local DZ is charging 1150 for the complete AFF training. Probably could get it cheaper if i paid it all up front but don't have that kind of cash laying around.

And i'm not pulling out of my RIG savings.

Have fun, I know i will. Peace:ph34r:

Here's a rule of thumb.

Expect to spend about $2000 when its all said and done. You will have to repeat a dive or two, it happens, everyone does, don't worry about it. You'll end up having to buy 1 or 6+ cases of beer as well.:P (do a search for the Beer Rules).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Hey, thanks for the responses. I have to tell you that people that are in to skydiving seem to be much frendlier than any other rec sport that I have tried, you guys are awesome. But tell me, after your 8 levels of AAF jumps, do you have to pay extra until you get your A liscense, or do you get to just pay lift and rental?
--- and give them wings so they may fly free forever

DiverDriver in Training

do you have to pay extra until you get your A liscense, or do you get to just pay lift and rental?

Depends on the DZ and the training program.

At my DZ, we use the USPA's ISP and fully use our USPA Coaches, so it costs just a bit more then a jump with gear rental, BUT you're getting a LOT of training. Especially since we've put some of the points of Skydive U into our training program.

Its frustrating, actually, since our students are coming out with their A license, 25 jumps and are flying a hell of a lot better in the air then I did with over 100 jumps!:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."