GentleTiger

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

44 and just learning to have fun! Weather permitting, will be doing AFF Level 1 jump Saturday...have 10 tandems under my belt, but didn't discover the joy of flying til my 9th! I'm really looking forward to meeting fellow maniacs, getting tons of info from this website and jumpingjumpingjumping. My AFF instructor has created a crazy woman! ;) Blue Skies,

I took it up at 45, and did my first skydive (tandem) at Elsinore last May. Frankly, I thought there is no way I'll ever do this again. But I kept thinking about it, and kept thinking about it, and kept thinking about it.

I did my AFF-1 dive at the end of November, and did my AFF-4 dive today. Check it out in Safety and Training. It is a discipline, believe me, but the sense of accomplishment and camaraderie from the beginning is like nothing I've ever experienced.

Relax, have fun, listen to your jumpmasters, don't give them your expensive wristwatch ;), and SKYDIVE!!

Bob

Bob
Bob Marks

"-when you leave the airplane its all wrong til it goes right, its a whole different mindset, this is why you have system redundancy." Mattaman

Hey Skylord, your experience sounds a lot like mine. I kept wondering why I would jump, but would keep coming back anyway. I think beneath my fear there was something about it I loved, and I could clearly see that joy in other people's eyes. Congrats on your Level 4!! B|

Didn't take it up until i was 48, now have 500+ jumps. Welcome, be safe, have fun and always stay CURRENT.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"

Welcome to the forums! Glad to hear you will be joining in all the strange sky/life converstaions we have here.

10 tandems, wow! Good luck with AFF! I think you'll do just fine with all those tandems.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

It didn't Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Hopefully next weekend will be the charmer. And believe me, I will keep you all posted...that is if you don't hear me hooting and hollering all the way from Longmont DZ. ;) I even had a picture of Tiny Broadwick tucked in my sock!! :)

Welcome to the rush, I just started skydiving at age 46. However, I got the bug in 1977 when I went to Airborne school at Fort Benning, Ga. Jumped from planes over 22 year career in the Army. The best part about it was, they paid me to do it. :D

In Christ
Dave Smith

Wow smit, that's really incredible...they don't have parachutes like ours, eh? Did you have to use the round ones? I hear you drop like a sack of wheat! Blue Skies!

They were round and very large (32 square ft). Had some very soft landings when the conditions were just right ( low winds). We mostly jumped T10-C parachutes and those were not steerable. You could turn the chute with risers and slip (move) to a direction by spilling air out the of the canopy. You always turned into the wind, prepared for a good PLF and Hoped for the best. Yes, I did have a lot of Hard Landing.:S

In Christ
Dave Smith

My only regret in this sport is not starting at a younger age. I started jumping at 36. I can say I have made up for lost time though. It's gonna get you by the tail!

Have fun and enjoy your new life!
May the only blue in your life be the sky you are in!