DanglesOZQld

Hi from the land of OZ

Welcome to the fourms! :)The picture to the left is of myself and Lisa our Jump Pilot shortly after a little incident that no doubt you have heard or seen in the news.
If not ask me and I will fill you in on the details!

Ok, I'll bite...fill me in on the details!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

-Basically exited a Cessna 206 and got caught on the step and rolled through 180 degrees ending up head down underneath the aircraft. The student's left legstrap caught the step even though I took his weight and went further out from the door feeling no resistance anywhere at that time. We were hanging under the plane for what we worked out later to be 4 mins minimum. The pilot (Lisa) controlled the plane with her left hand whilst kneeling at the open door side and reaching out with her right hand to cut us off. Keeping in mind that the plane did not have auto pilot fitted and lisa had NO RIG ON! Very scary to say the least. If you do a search on goggle there are probably stories on there. It was all over the news here in Australia (Tv / Papers) and we all did live radio interviews after the incident as well. One good point was that the media came back when both Lisa the Pilot and Chris (tandem passenger) did a free tandem so it was a really good ending to what could have been a lot worse!! GIRL POWER IN ACTION!

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"

holy sh%t,
thats an all time experience ( you notice I didnt say
first) the shipping and handling would be super expensive. What an effort, congrats to you all, you deserve the best that life can offer . Pat yourselves on the back and have a beer on me!!!

Be well, be safe
Larry:)

Yeah Done about 2300 jumps now , 320 of those have been tandems done since the incident. They say it all happens in the first 50 , now I have to get to at least 3,000 tandems incident free to make up for what I have been through so far lol!! See also the incidents forum , we are there as well as I have since found out. Some of the reports are just soooo wildly inaccurate its almost laughable. You hear about such things but do not believe it until you are the one the reports are about! Like one example , they said the pilot was a male.......What the!!?!? :S

Welcome to the forums....again?

I could be wrong but wasn't the post that is lost a reply to Skymama's post. Saying she was going to buy beer for everyone at the next boogie.
Bottomless Beers and Blue Skies!

* Brother_Brian *
D.S.W.F.S.B. #2

I could be wrong but wasn't the post that is lost a reply to Skymama's post. Saying she was going to buy beer for everyone at the next boogie.

Yes, you're wrong. It was the post where you said you were going to buy me jumps for Christmas. You can just put them on account for me in Eloy. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hiya Scary to hear about your accident, but glad to hear you all made it in one piece.

In january I'll be visiting your country for two-and-a-half-months as a trainee. I'll be working at Southern Skydivers. Maybe you've heard of them.
I'm very curious about your country. Have any tips for me in the neighbourhood of Perth??

By the way nice homepage.

Hi DanglesOZQld

Gday from the otherside of Oz from WA!

Live life as though there is no tomorrow don't think of yesturday... think of the present and live in the here and now and make it well worth remembering

HAVE AN AWESOME CHRISTMAS AND PARTY HARD FOR THE NEW YEAR :P

In january I'll be visiting your country for two-and-a-half-months as a trainee. I'll be working at Southern Skydivers. Maybe you've heard of them.
I'm very curious about your country. Have any tips for me in the neighbourhood of Perth??

Really? Cool... That's where I jump pretty much all of the time. When do you get there? I'll probably be down on the second weekend in Jan.

No real tips for you off the top of my head... That said, it is a bit of a walk to Perth from Busselton ;)
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

Ah Perth......I have such fond memories of a "lovely" bus drive from Melbourne to Perth via the nullabor then a "wonderful" car ride from Perth to Monkey Mia to the north on a 40 degree plus day. Thats CELCIUS for the guys/girls from the US out there lol! The little swimming mongrels didn't even show up for us once we did get to Monkey Mia either doh! Oh well PERTH itself is a rather nice place! BSBD -Mark.

Hey Harro , thanks for the well wishes ;)
Oozzee you lucky bugger!! I would love to go skydiving mad over there sometime....just a bit of planning and saving at this point needed ha ha !!
Yeah it is a hard life here - when we are not jumping a few of the tm's go kite surfing and the rest surfing. My thing is fishing , not sit on your ass all day without a nibble type fishing but busy as hell with something large on the other end most times at 17 miles out! Good fun! BSBD! -Mark.