flyonthewall

I made my first jump!

I did a tandem at Perris on Saturday. As I was standing there with my TM waiting for the otter. I got a little nervous. When I got in the plane I got a little more nervous. Okay okay stop looking out the window! Then a guy doing a hop 'n pop opened the door and when he jumped I wasn't nervous I was scared! Then everyone else that was jumping before us went. As I slid down the seat to the door my palms were a little sweaty. Now I'm on my knee at the door 1,2 & 3 All I can say is that freefall is simply incredible. Words can not describe it. After a good bit of freefall I pulled at 5K. After the canopy opened I felt like I was just hanging there suspended it was so peaceful and quiet. I spent three days at perris this weekend. I met some seriously cool people from all over the world. I still haven't met a skydiver that I didn't like. Everyone at the DZ was telling me how soon I'd be back. I'm fairly sure they're right and this was only a small taste of something I'm going to do over and over and maybe even over again. I liked the vibe at Perris so much I think I'm going to do my AFF there even though there are DZs closer to my house.
I've been lurking around this site for almost a year now. So I wanted to post about my first experience. I've learned a lot here so far.

Hey Fly,

Congratulations on your tandem. I feel your excitement. Perris is a cool DZ. I'm working on my AFF there as we speak. B| Take care.

-Michele
"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girl's sports such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing." - Homer Simpson

Welcome to the forums! I'm glad you enjoyed your first jump! Perris is a great dz, you can't go wrong with doing AFF there. We have a lot of dz.commers who hang around there also, so you're bound to meet up with some of them. Don't worry, they won't bite....too hard. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Congrats on tandem.....I did my first tandem last sunday and am beginning my AFF training this Sunday the 16th. I can't wait.....they say less then 1% of the population have ever jumped out of a plane...that's a pretty exclusive club..... Tom

"Any fool can learn for his own mistakes, a wise man learns from anothers." Mark Twain

Welcome!!

So when are you making your next jump? :)

I think @ the beginning of next year I will start AFF. I have some financial loose ends that need tying up. After I deal with that I will be back in the air. I will go by myself but I have two friends that want to go as well so hopefully I will have a buddy or two to do AFF with.

Good thinking; get your friends hooked too, that way you'll have people to talk about skydiving with!! Non-skydivers just get soooooo annoyed when you're amped and talking about your last freefall or landing or whatever...all my 'previous' friends were too chicken to go with me. Thankfully I have a bunch of new friends that understand my addiction! :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Non-skydivers just get soooooo annoyed when you're amped and talking about your last freefall

Yeah, I bored everyone at work with 30 renditions of my Level 1 AFF. . .

FGF #6
Darcy

I did my AFF Level 1-3 there (finished up at Eloy). It was great. All of the jumpmasters I had were great. I especially remember the two on my AFF L1. Joe DiGioia and Vinny Palmieri. They were both awsome. Who did you have?

--------
I am ready to meet my maker. Whether my maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
- Winston Churchill