Shindagrl

Let's count the ways.........

Hello, all. I've had one big awesome jump, and am not about to stop now!!! Everyone at the DZ and on this forum is wonderful. B|

I've noticed that I see things in a different way, and I can't quite put my finger on it. Most people I'm around think I'm nuts for doing it once, much less wanting to do it again and again. I think THEY'RE crazy for what they're missing out on. I really didn't have much of a problem getting out on that wing and letting go; it just seemed right (plus I was plenty happy to get out of the plane--the banks were making my stomach whoop!). I had Permagrin the whole way up, down, and pretty much since. My co-workers have commented that I seem much happier with life in general.

Besides the obvious things listed below, what are the other ways skydiving has changed your life?

-You meet new and fabulous, open people
-The adrenaline rush
-The view
-The sense of accomplishment you get after landing
-The fact that it's FREAKIN' FUN, in the words of the great Floyd, "Learning to fly............"

Loving to learn this stuff-

Shinda

An audience of 35 head of cattle was not exactly what I had in mind for that last landing.........

Well..........
I am broke all the time. My family and friends think I should be committed. I can't go out with any of my non - skydiving friends anymore(thier eyes glaze over the second I mention the sky).

Most important. I was a workaholic. Worked 7 days a week started early and worked late. Partied hard and my nerves were frazzled all the time. This was me before skydiving. Now, I take weekends OFF. I am relaxed, don't have time or money to spend on drugs or parties(hey that's jump money). I walk around staring at the sky with a stupid look on my face and my world is as it should be.
Skydiving saved my life.

"Diligent observation leads to pure abstraction". Lari Pittman

Partied hard and my nerves were frazzled all the time. This was me before skydiving. Now, I take weekends OFF. I am relaxed, don't have time or money to spend on drugs or parties(hey that's jump money). I walk around staring at the sky with a stupid look on my face and my world is as it should be.
Skydiving saved my life.

Hmmmmmmmm........interesting. I'm planning on taking my second jump this Saturday, weather and Post-Halloween-Debauchery permitting. If I'm hung over, no freaking way; I'll just go the the DZ and watch everyone else. However, I think wanting to jump Sat. will have an affect on my actions the night before. :)

On the way home from that first jump, I thought to myself, "Self, throughout the years you've partied to get away from the Big Blah of Normalacy; even though you're jumping out of a plane this a much healthier way to do that". That's when I knew skydiving would change my life.

That's part of my story, and I'm sticking to it-

Shinda

An audience of 35 head of cattle was not exactly what I had in mind for that last landing.........

It definitely changes your life, without a doubt. It changes the way you 'look' at life and makes you want to "live" life!

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

I met a guy that lost over 200lbs of ugly fat.... He divorced her.... yuk, yuk, yuk...

I have a friend that made a tandem, went home and told her hubby it was over... she has only made one more tandem. Has been sailing for a couple years and just fell in love and got married... Life is good.. :)

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana" -Groucho Marx- "Tom flies like a rock" -Tom Carson-

Welcome to the skies. And just remember this:

The sky is not the limit. The ground is- so shut up and jump!
Mack The Knife
"IT IS SAID THAT THE WARRIOR'S IS THE TWOFOLD WAY OF PEN AND SWORD, AND HE SHOULD HAVE A TASTE FOR BOTH WAYS." MIYAMOTO MUSASHI, A BOOK OF FIVE RINGS.