flyingdodo

Hi! (Looking for footage of my other half's accident in Spain)

Hello... Just joined the forum and been looking around for a thread which is supposed to have someone chatting in it who has footage of my fiance's accident in Spain (Just before New Year @ Empuria 2002).

Jewls is on one crutch now and doing fine. But it has been a long 9 month so far...

When we were in Figueres hospital someone mentioned a 'brit' I think had some footage. We would both like to see it very much as Julia and I still don't know exactly what she did at the time.

My recollection is that she did a Hard right turn just before the bushes by the runway crossing (at about 20ft). That is what it looked like to me. Julia cannot remember a thing and we both find it hard to believe it was that simple.

She is very experienced at off landings and tree landings being small and light and often on large canopies when we were hiring kit!!! So we have run through all kinds of theories from gusts of winds, turbulence, re-positioning in the harness and using toggle as hand hold by mistake... right through to simple brain fart... but until we know it will difficult for us both to put to bed.

I have no real wish to see the footage as I still have nightmares which run over and over her hitting the ground in my head... but I feel it would be a good thing overall if we can maybe answer some questions. Julia has no recollection of any of it at all, and sometimes I feel that can be worse than remembering...

Anyway... sorry to ramble... but if anyone knows someone who has the footage, or has it themselves can you please contact us.

Cheers everyone,
Blue Skies.
FD
Flying Dodo
'Always on the edge of extinction!'