Dagny

Dreaming of freefall

Hi...

I've been lurking since I did my first tandem in May and now that I'm completely hooked and going through AFF, I thought I might introduce myself.

My name's Missy, I've been going through AFF at Skydive Sebastian and just finished L2. AFF is exhilirating, each jump leaves me wired and "high" for a really long time. It's a good thing I have some skydiving friends because I wouldn't have anyone to talk to about it otherwise. The rest of my friends think I'm spending too much money and taking too many risks. I think the greater travesty is to waste a life only dreaming about living. Some people dream, some people do. ;)

Anyway, the staff at skydive sebastian are incredible! I feel really safe and informed there, never afraid to ask one or a hundred questions. And my JM's are really supportive. (It's nice to know they're next to me in freefall and watching my back)
I know, I know, eventually they'll let go...

My goals...in order.... to pass each AFF level, to land (for once) on my feet and stay on them, to get my A, and then, hmmm....RW or freefly??

This website has been great, I've been learning a lot and it helps to have a resource when I'm not at the DZ.

See you out there!
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

Glad to hear that you are having a good time, and that you have a good group of people teaching you. I can say that my JMs have been some of the coolest people, they helped me through aff, warps, and still help me now even though I have my A.

Welcome to the forums, and many Blue Skies too you!
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Hi Dagny, welcome to the forums!:)
I've made the experience that no matter your number of jumps, the experienced people in this sport, no matter where, will always share their knowledge and answer all your questions. Because there's always something to learn.:P

Don't worry about RW or freefly for now, learn to fall stable and controlled all the way first. And its not an "either / or".;)

Blue skies, good vibes!
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...