justin84

how much does it cost to jump once you're off student status?

awesome, thats alot cheaper than i expected :)

Ask your Manifest person about 'Blocks', what that means is you pre-pay jumps (25-50-100, etc) if you do that, they are cheaper, at least, my DZ has that option.

Be warned that skydiving is a very expensive sport. Regardless of how much you pay for a rig and regardless of how much your DZ charges you for a jump ticket (I'm not so lucky as my jumps usually cost me $21/jump). But if you turn into a skydiver like many of us, you'll be consumed by the sport and will channel as much $$$ as you can to your jumping (and gear purchases). I have spent many many thousands of dollars in my short 13 months in the sport (which will likely be my financial demise in the future). But I can't see myself going back to my old whuffo life. Skydiving is just way too cool to give up once you're hooked.

So keep us informed as to your jumping experiences. ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Be sure to inquire into your DZ's beer rules. These usually become effective with your first solo jump. ;)

Once you're hooked, the incidentals are all insignificant. The experience of vertical aviation is priceless!

Be sure to come back and tell us about your first jump.

B|

Chad

good friends, blue skies, and sweet, sweet altitude...

Hi.
As far as getting gear goes, you can spend alot more on new gear and get exactly what you think you want, with a container custom fitted to your body. But at least consider used stuff at first because a) it's alot cheaper, and if you consult your DZ rigger, he or she will watch out for you and make sure the stuff is airworthy, and b) time in the sport will familiarize you with more of the gear that's out there, so later on when you blow the big bucks on new stuff you'll have a better idea of what you want. Just remember that what you buy you are stuck with for a while.

And the cheapest jumps are Hop'N'Pops, 3 to 4K feet for 8 bucks (at my DZ)

Just my .02 Hope it helps.