FrenchyDiver

Hi all

Hi people,

Amazing it took me so long to find that forum.

It's been a looooong time since I logged my last jump. It was 10 years ago at Gap (a DZ in the French Alps).
Anyway, when I came to the States back in 1993, very few DZs let you jump with non-US made chutes.
Question: is this still the case? I am looking for some in the Northern VA area where I could jump using my own rig. All equip was made by Parachutes de France, Atom harness, BT 60 main, Mayday 7 reserve.

Happy blue skies to all

JM

Hispas Brothers President
HISPA #2,

Welcome to the forum JM!! Good to see you here!! As you know, i'm takin' my first jump 2moro,... yay!!

Hopefully someone can answer your questions regarding foreign equipment usage. Otherwise, maybe you can e-mail your local DZ, or try posting the question in the subject line of a new thread in the General Skydiving forum.

C ya around and blue skies 2 ya as well:)
Angela.

Thanks for the welcome Katie, ;)

I just did a quick search and it looks like It'll be a problem as my gear is not TSO. But nevermind, all the DZs around my area rent gear, so I'll be up there hugging the sky ASAP :)

Hey Angela, hug the Big Blue for me tomorrow B|

HISPA #2,

Hehe, Pourqui pas? PF m'a bien servi, et la BT60 (1ere génération) et moi avons partagé une 100 de sauts B| Elle ne m'a jamais laissé tomber. LOL, c'est le cas de le dire;)
Bon, blague à part, le matos restera au placard vu qu'il n'y a pas de DZ dans mon coin qui acceptent de te laisser sauter avec. Comme j'essaie de le faire comprendre à ma femme, IL FAUT QUE JE RESSAUTE et il va de soi que je REINVESTISSE :)

HISPA #2,

Simple answer is it depends whether you're a US citizen or not (or if you're bi-national or permanent resident in US). If so, you have to use a TSO'd harness and reserve, if not, you can use anything legal in your country of origin, as long as you personally own it.

Hope this helps!

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

Yep I read it. If I understood it well, it says that if you are a legal resident alien, you are considered as a US citizen, therefore you can't jump with non TSO gear.
As I told my wife yesterday, maybe it's time to break the piggybank B|. You should have seen the look on her face :P

HISPA #2,

Hi John,

Yes I read it. I also e-mailed the manufacturer about it and they e-mailed back this morning. They confirmed that my gear is not TSO certified. So it does take care of that question. Thanks to that e-mail, I now have the PERFECT excuse to go shopping B|

JM

HISPA #2,