jjiimmyyt

Hi...

Thought I'd drop a line and say hi now that I have been lurking for a couple of months! I started my AFF in May but had a little flaring issue:( on level 3, so, 9 pins and 1 plate later, I have to wait until at least September for our next boogie. (I live on Jersey, UK - no regular DZ, just occasional boogies). Anyway, maybe you guys could send me some of those vibes things I've heard about so that I am fit and healthy by the end of August and can get back up where I belong.:)
cheers for now,

James

Jersey Skydive Association

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

Well, when your instructor tells you to hold your flare in groundschool, listen. I flared way to high, realised so and let it go. Tried to PLF but my body was at the wrong angle to the ground, snapped tib and fib. Walked (well, with some help) off the beach though.

As for vibes, right back at you! It WILL be the best experience of your life.

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

~~~ Medical/health/zen vibes to you jj ~~~

Sorry to hear about your incident. Excellent to hear that you didn't let it get to you and that your going back to it as soon as you can.

Yes, I know it is snowing.
No, we are not putting the top up.

Now I have to ask... how much do you weigh, and how did you manage to get hurt on that big a canopy? If you flared and relesed at 100ft there should be penty of time to recover??? I thought?

I've watch some pretty good pile-in's on student rigs. (And I gave some damn good shows myself) But, they are usually so slow and dosile that the worst thing that happens is the grass stain on the jumpsuit.

Have to say I'm not sure what I weigh (haven't stepped on scales since I was 16, 11 years ago). However I'm 5' 11" and 3/4 (if only I had drunk more of that free school milk!), broad shouldered with a leetle belly (in the past I was in training for all the beer I'd have to buy), does that help?

As for how did I get hurt on that canopy, well I did not do what Darbs (my instructor) told me to do and paid the price. Also wet sand is not very forgiving.

The worst thing about getting injured was that from my hospital bed I had a clear view of the DZ and watching my friends jump was like having a cast on wit an itch you could not reach, even with that long knitting needle.

Even worse than that was the last week I have spent at home, watching the DZ again (hey, Jersey is small) and seeing my mates jump again, only this time from heli's, there were yak stunt planes I believe etc. I couldn't bring myself to actually go to the DZ - tooo depressing as I could not continue AFF.

:)and best wishes for a quick and complete
recovery............you will be back up in the air before you know it....:D
..If you can get out to the DZ... you will still be able to continue your skydiving education..... There are many things you can learn about, if you are not distracted by having to "Meet a Five Minute Call".... have fun......pay attention continue learning...
B|:) signed.... "another Jimmy T" ,,, jimmytavino Rochester New York

5 weeks to go now, up and walking no crutches although I have to use one crutch to walk properly. However, fully weight bearing, can do one footed heal lifts so it is looking good for 31st August. See the doc on Monday. I HAVE to be fit for the 31st.

Maybe this will help, I have to wait til' late oct. for my next jump, and my last one was on march 26, I dislocated my shoulder on a jump and the DZO said "no surgery,no jumping" so here I sit waiting getting more desperate everytime I go out and watch the blue sky.

Get out, fly, pull ...
How hard can it be ???