SkydiveNFlorida

Hello! Almost new diver here (FLORIDA)...

ahh! craziness...

I live in plantation as well, I started skydiving back in illinois, and so I was in the coached phase of training when I came down here.

Skydive Palm Beach is pretty nice, I've gone there I think every Sunday since I've been down here. the people there are really cool (the people most places are cool) Dave, George, and Akos are the main instructors and are cool. Sam's funny once you meet him, he was the guy I initially talked to on the phone as well.

Clewiston I was at once looking at gear but didn't jump cause it was a bit windy for my tastes, they run a pretty tight little operation there.

Sebastian is prolly the closest "big-ass" skydiving facility to where we are, but it's really really far away for a day trip. whereas pbx is less than an hour from here.

Skydive Miami (homestead) I've not been to but have heard very mixed opinions about ranging from "excellent student place", to "don't bother with less than a couple hundred jumps" so I really don't know what to think.

Wherever you decide to go, decide to go! :P

haha!! True! oh, man, I can't wait until I can tell everyone the story of my first dive... This is just too awesome!! I am glad I moved it to Saturday, I can barely stop thinking about it as it is. I feel a little weird because i'm not scared, and it seems that people are scared. I know that i'm gonna get up to 14000 feet and be scared like hell, tho! At least that is what i'm expecting. But, for now, I can't think of even one part of me that is double guessing this. Maybe i'll even meet some new friends out there. This rocks!

Angela.

Cool, Champ. didn't even see ur reply 'til now. I am definitely going, worry not!! I was gonna go 2 pbx at first, but they can't do AFF1 training & jump same day, so I ended up looking elsewhere. I will probly end up jumping there one day, but 4 now, i'm gonna hit Sebastian. My girlfriends & I are making it a road trip, they're gonna chill at the tiki bar while i'm training:) Sweet u live so close 2 me. I just moved here from Coral Springs a month ago. PM anytime if ya wanna chat.

Skydive Miami doesn't have food. Man, I just can't see myself anywhere for long without food. I eat very very often. haha. I've also read mixed opinions about it.

Like I said, definitely going. I'll be up there this Saturday 9am ! Maybe we can go fly together once I ever finish my AFF training:)

Angela.

I can say that I was not scared for my first tandem. For me it was more like a constant nervousness, that culminated in one of the coolest things ever (uh, looking out the door just before we jumped + freefall)

Since then I have done AFF1 & 2, and I'm loving every second. Taking a friend along to hang out or whatever is nice too for your first time, because it gives you moral support/just a lilttle distraction to help ease you through (at least it did for me)

Have fun, enjoy your dives... it'll be saturday in no time. (I drove myself nuts inbetween my tandem and my aff, I spent alot of time on here :)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

you might want to make the trip to z hills call in advance and get a reservation then get there on time and make your jump i am sure they will work with you and they offer the training you want whether you want tandom or aff welcome to the sport i hope you like it till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65 johnny gates
till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65johnny gates

you might want to consider making a drive to z hills they offer the training you want be it tandem or aff just make a reservation and show up on time take your training and make your 1st jump you might want to try a tandom first but that is not a requirement any way you try it welcome to the sport till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65johnhy gates
till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65johnny gates

Hello everyone! It was fantastic, I had the time of my life. I completed AFF1 & 2 this weekend at Sebastian. Everyone there is major cool, and I think it seems to be something that goes with the sport.

I'd like to make it to all of the Florida DZs eventually, and many more. I can honestly say that I love this sport. I realize that it is only gonna get better the more I learn and the better i'm able to control myself. I am broke, but i'm so happy. This is great! Just waiting for some $$ to go do Level 3:D

Bill, it was really nice meeting you, too. Mik is really a great guy, and gives A+++ instruction!

Thanks to all for welcoming me into your family. I love it and your stuck with me now, haha:ph34r:

Angela.

I am broke, but i'm so happy. This is great!

lol that seems to be the skydivers' life. Happy and broke. It only gets better, more friends and better skills are just a few jumps away. Remember what it feels like to be the "new kid on the block" and when your a old hand, pass what you have learned with a smile. Here's to many jumps to come ;) welcome to the family!!!!

I am so proud of you, Angela! :)

Awe, thanks!! I sure will. I plan to get out there someday, I was born in Richmond (don't remember it, tho). .

Thx Frenchy & Bill. I knew I could do it, too. I was so happy to not disappoint myself. What a thrill!

I'll remember that, Bill. It is nice to feel so welcomed, and i'll pass that on, too!

Angela.

tell us about your jumps

[ url "http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=577876;"]Clicky to other thread[/url]
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Cool Angela, Glad you decided to go ahead with AFF and skip the tandems (more $$ for your jumps). See if you can also go for 10 min at the tunnel. It will defintely help you with your free fall adventure. (Specially you AFF levels).

Anyway glad you are with us now.

Blue skies!
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Hi Angela, and welcome!

You have an advantage in Florida of having a bazillion DZs to choose from. Find an instructional Staff and DZ Owners that you like and your training experience will be much more enjoyable.

Of course, you COULD come up here to Raeford . . . we'll make you feel right at home. ;)
Arrive Safely

John