Maksimsf

S/L in SF Bay area?

Hey everybody. Any one knows DZ's around SF bay that still offer S/L? I checked dropzone here and seems like info is outdated, I called a guys in Lodi, but they don't do it anymore. AFF is a second option, but I eally want to do it "old shool" way of learning, espetially money is tight right now.

Thanx

Try this next time:
http://www.uspa.org/FindaDZ/DZMapSearch/tabid/522/Default.aspx

The USPA site indicates that in the general area these three offer static line or instructor assisted deployment training (a closely related form of instruction).

www.bayareaskydiving.com

www.skydanceskydiving.net

www.skydivemadera.com
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Oh, boy maximum weight for AFF is 225, im 6.3 250lbs, I may knock it down withing a month to 240 (no beer at all[:/]) but 225 - don't think so. Seems like Lodi is my only option for AFF, I know it's not USPA listed ect. I believe 225lbs is USPA maximum allowed weight?

USPA doesn't have a weight limit.

I see, so it's just being limited by available gear and instructors willing to jump? That's why I asked about static line, I jumped 15 years ago when I was 13 back in East Europe, I remember huge guys jumping with me on round ones and then getting transferred to UT-15 then PO-16 (Soviet military chutes). so S/L is not available and weight limit 225-235 for AFF...I'm screwed. :(

Oh, boy maximum weight for AFF is 225, im 6.3 250lbs, I may knock it down withing a month to 240 (no beer at all[:/]) but 225 - don't think so. Seems like Lodi is my only option for AFF, I know it's not USPA listed ect. I believe 225lbs is USPA maximum allowed weight?

USPA doesn't have a a weight limit, but the FAA does. Most sport and student reserves have a maximum TSO weight limit of 254 pounds under TSO c23b.

There are other factors such as deployment speeds etc, but essentially, it is not only unwise to exceed the posted limit on your reserve, it is also illegal.

Wherever you jump, ask to see the packing data card of the reserve you are expected to jump and check it's maximum weight rating. Don't be so excited to jump again that you exceed that weight. If you have to use it in a hight speed situation, you may be unlucky enough to find out why they have a posted weight limit.

USPA doesn't have a a weight limit, but the FAA does. Most sport and student reserves have a maximum TSO weight limit of 254 pounds under TSO c23b.

There are other factors such as deployment speeds etc, but essentially, it is not only unwise to exceed the posted limit on your reserve, it is also illegal.

Wherever you jump, ask to see the packing data card of the reserve you are expected to jump and check it's maximum weight rating. Don't be so excited to jump again that you exceed that weight. If you have to use it in a hight speed situation, you may be unlucky enough to find out why they have a posted weight limit.

I'm not playing around with safety. I will probably just stick to tunnel, then spend my 2 annual incomes for custom rig and travel to some DZ with heavy AFF coaches who can jump with me without a problem.

Call around, you might be able to work it out. Lodi might have gear rated higher than 254.

Get that diet started, if you get into the sport you will want to be able to get your exit weight down to 254 by the time you buy gear anyways. Good luck!

Bought a salad, green beans, mushrooms and skipped on "fat tire" today :D

Bought a salad, green beans, mushrooms and skipped on "fat tire" today :D

Low fat and or low calorie diets just make you hungry/miserable and don’t work the best.

If you want to shred fat and drop weight quickly then go on a low carb diet/Atkins style diet and eat as much low carb veggies, protein and fat as you want. You will be much happier and is most effective way to lose weight.

Good stuff!! I thought they might have something that would work.....

I second the low carb diet. I went on it at the end of January, and I have lost almost 30 lbs. My only requirement was eating less than 20 carbs a day, nothing else. I heard it isn't the best over long time periods though, so keep that in mind.

just talked to my buddy who has coach license and used to jump there, there are a lot of cutting corners therewith their AFF , good thing skydance has 250lbs limit, cost more, but Ill get descent ground school and properly maintaned plane.

I'd suggest having enough cash together to complete the AFF program, plus a number of jumps, before training starts. If you only do a few jumps, then pick up a month or two later, you will end up taking more jumps and money to complete your training.

If you train at Lodi, you should use Ed. He has his own student program there; he's not a dropzone employee. I don't know, but I'm guessing that it costs a bit more, but people say it is worth it. Not sure what his weight limit is. You can find him here on DZ.com as bodypilot1.

if you can't afford Lodi aff. You might as well just give up.

seriously.

Did I mention that I can't afford AFF at Lodi? I'm doing 15 mins in Ifly tunnel and AFF at Skydance, Lodi?I spoke with 3 guys so far and everyone suggest to stay away from Lodi AFF, wonder why. Yes, I'm on the budget but I'm not trying to save few bucks by putting myself in potential danger. Thanx for your useful feedback anyway.

I'd suggest having enough cash together to complete the AFF program, plus a number of jumps, before training starts. If you only do a few jumps, then pick up a month or two later, you will end up taking more jumps and money to complete your training.

If you train at Lodi, you should use Ed. He has his own student program there; he's not a dropzone employee. I don't know, but I'm guessing that it costs a bit more, but people say it is worth it. Not sure what his weight limit is. You can find him here on DZ.com as bodypilot1.

Thanx a lot I did emailed him.