BobB

Why didn't I think of this earlier?

I did my first jump ever this past weekend (7/6/03). It was a tandem at the Raeford Parachute Center (Thanks Tracy!). I went there for a one-time experience. The next day, I found myself thinking "that was AWESOME!!" over and over all day. On 7/8 I enrolled in the AFF course. Almost ready for my first jump now. I can't wait!

Yes, I know it is snowing.
No, we are not putting the top up.

Go for it, you'll have a great time...next thing
you'll know it's a lot of cool people that you'll remember
for the rest of your life ...go for it, you'll never forget ...

Get out, fly, pull ...
How hard can it be ???

Hey, congrats! I remember the feeling of the first jump! I stayed on the rush of it for almost a whole day. I did get addicted, so make sure you've got the money! Everyone you know will think you're nuts, but what a different view of life you'll have once you start jumping often.

I've done two AFF levels so far and it's just getting more and more fun (comfort level increasing). As for the money, I don't have any. Apparently though, some people at Capital One think I do, so I'm letting them pick up the tab for now. :$

As for what other people think about what I'm doing, it's not going to bother me either way. I haven't even told anyone yet. Right now I just sneak off to the DZ after (or during) work and on weekends.

It's actually quite fun keeping everything to myself.

Cheers...

Bob

Bob, you're at one of the best DZ's on the east coast, so we know you have great taste!;) Welcome to the sport!

The people at Raeford are top shelf. Enjoy it!
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Welcome to the sport!

Thanks for the welcome.

The people at Raeford are top shelf. Enjoy it!

You nailed that one. The first time I was out there I got the impression that something was definately "right" about RPC. The people there continue to amaze me with their dedication to the sport and with their patience and support to newbs like me who are checking it out. I owe all of them a big thanks already. I'll be sure to buy plenty of good beer when I get that much desired "A" stamp on my forehead.

Cheers...

Bob