glynnatkinson

Should I sell my car?

I've been skydiving now for 3 months and have an A licence and think I'm an addict. I need money to fuel my addiction so I've had an idea.
My newish Renalt Clio is now worth £5000, which could be sold to give me money for a cheap banger my first rig, jumpsuit and a helmet.
Is this a good idea, or do you think selling a kidney would be better?

I've been skydiving now for 3 months and have an A licence and think I'm an addict. I need money to fuel my addiction so I've had an idea.
My newish Renalt Clio is now worth £5000, which could be sold to give me money for a cheap banger my first rig, jumpsuit and a helmet.
Is this a good idea, or do you think selling a kidney would be better?

Read some Faust .... you may get some ideas

Feed your addiction just like I did, I bought a brand new Toyota Tundra in late august last year, now I have an '85 mitsubishi that even the paint is coming off. I do miss my truck which was my dream car, but in the other
hand I've met many people in this sport that I already consider my family.
Now I don't have a monthly payment of $600.00, but I'm having the greatest time of my life ...

Get out, fly, pull ...
How hard can it be ???

I've been needing a car for ages now, and my Mum offered to lend me some money to get a decent-ish little motor. However, I just bought an old Fiesta for £400 and I'm using the rest for a rig, when I get my Cat 8!

Btw, I've been jumping at Peterlee too, do I know you? I'm one of the Durham Uni guys (about the only regular who hasn't had a mal!).

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

Ive just sold my Minter of a Motorbike bought a £200 vw polo (ok a Banger) put down a deposit for a AFF go to spain next year to get me cat8 booked a month off work gunna get lot's of jump's in ;)

At the end of the day why drive £5000 when £200 does the same job and giz yer more fun and lets you do more of what you wanna do and thats JUMPING. Have fun be safe and walk round saying

LOADS A MONEY hehe

Go on sell it you no you want tooo :P

Jon

A lot of the comments being posted here are made in good spirit, albeit sometimes somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

Personaly, I dont own a rig yet and I'm budgeting as tight as I can to afford one later in the year,
but I would not do anything that is likely to negatively affect my job or career prospects.

If a car in good working order helps you get or keep a paying job, then keep the car.
If staying in college (as an example that may apply to others here) is going to help you get or keep a paying job, then ditto.

In the short term its gonna pay to invest money in yourself.. so as to make money spent on skydiving more affordable in the long term.

Heck just sell your soul. Most of us have already done that. :$

Thats not fair!!! I never had one to sell.

Actually I take the GreyHound Bus to the DZ. I don't even own a car. No car payment + No car insurance + No gas money + No parking money = Lots of Jump Tickets!

Sounds like me back in the seventies. Rent a locker at the DZ, sell the sports car, get a nice rig, buy a beater car if you have to.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I have a friend who sold a car once to buy a rig. Probably a 1998 Mustang to buy a Vector/Sabre combo. Car is still gone, still has the rig, but he no longer jumps. Unless you plan on living at the DZ and never date...keep the car and find a used rig for less $$.

I just sold my beautiful Audi A3 a month ago for £6,500 in order to spend the money on training camps and tunnel time. I am about to remortgage my house (again) under the pretext of 'renovations' (ahem).

I now have an £850 Audi 80, 1991 model, with the boot smashed in (a bit). Definitely a better position to be in!

Sell the freakin' car dude! Who cares about what moves your ass around on the ground when you can invest in moving your ass around 13,000 feet above the ground?!