Rebel

First Jump - Leaving my wheelchair behind

I am wriing this post today because I am excited about making my first jump.I have been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis since 1979. The idea of skydiving has been in the back of my head even before my diagnosis. Every once in a while the thought of jumping would move to the front.

I've spoken to my doctors, and they all are very excited about me skydiving. They told me to “GO FOR IT”. I wanted to jump in March on my 45th birthday, but it was too cold here in Philadelphia.

I am no longer able to walk and must use a power wheelchair to get around,. MS may have taken away my ability to walk, but it hasn’t taken away my ability to enjoy myself. I am ready to “GO FOR IT”.

I should be jumping in the next couple of weeks.

Sorry about this long post, but I just found this site and I had to express my enthusiasm.

Just reading your post brings a smile to my face. I agree with you 110% (go for it) and have a great time.

But don't forget to tell us how it went

Thanks and blue skies
Eric W Blair

-------------------------------------------------- If your not jumping your not living
LEARN TO LIVE (L2L)

This has to be the coolest thing I've heard in a very very long time! It has definately brought a very large smile to my face.

Your doctors were right, Go For It!

Please keep us updated on when/where so if any of us are in that area, we can come watch!

I can't wait to read the post about your first jump. B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Good for you! I sure wish I could be there to see the joy in your face as you land! I am so glad your doctor's said "go for it". Please let us know how the jump goes:)
J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

I have been inspired by others who have overcome obstacles in their lives by not seeing them that way at all. You inspire me as well by using your shift in physical condition as an opportunity for personal breakthrough.

I honor you for your courage and adventuresome spirit. I can't wait to hear about it!

Go for it!

"Some people see the world as it is and ask 'why;' I see the world as it could be and say 'why not?'"
-George Bernard Shaw
Arrive Safely

John

Good Luck!!!!

Please keep me informed as I have a friend who was just diagnosed and we are doing everything to keep his spirits up!!

Blue Skies!!!

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter

:)
Wonderful story. Welcome. Enjoy your dive and let us know how it went. Get pictures so we can all see the wonderful smile you will have on your face once you get back to the earth.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Great news!

Enjoy. I'm currently working with a student to get him back in the air since he was paralysed on his 25th jump. We've done 3 solo jumps so far, after 2 tandems, and he's coming along nicely!

Lets hear how it went in talkback, OK?

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Welcome! I don't usually post in here but I had to this time. My mom was diagnosed with MS in 1999. She is 48 and will be 49 next month. She isn't dependent on a motorized wheelchair yet, but we can see it coming. Good luck on your jump and please, keep us all posted and let us know how it goes!!!

Blue skies!!

That is wonderful to hear!!! My mother also has MS and I know that it can sometimes be overwhelming...I am inspired to see that you are strong and do not let it slow you down as a person. Makes the rest of us stop and think before we say, "we can't"....thank you for sharing your inspiring story!!!!

Sorry about this long post, but I just found this site and I had to express my enthusiasm.

First off this post wasn't long at all, ;) secondly I think you'll get nothing but support and thumbs up from us here on DZ.COM as we all love this sport and want to share it with others. Good luck on your jump when you do do it, and keep us informed about how it went. :$

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over