jumper596

Back In Black

Hi all-
I started jumping in '96. I didn't have much time or money, so by 2000 I only had 62 jumps. Then I got rear-ended on the freeway, and suffered serious shoulder pain. It took almost 3 years to get back complete use of my shoulder, and as soon as I felt ready, I went back to the dz, got current and am now back in the air! I must mention that there was one person who kept me motivated the whole time, when I actually thought I would never jump again, and she is really the reason I'm back. Her name is Holly Kish, and I will always treasure her friendship. I know, I should post this in the remember pages, but I've never posted on the forum before, so I thought I'd start here. Thanks Holly, and everyone at Skydive Arizona, and dropzone.com.
Jason

Thanks Andrea, I know Holly was a great influence on everyone she got near. Right to the end, when my Otter load (13 if I remember correctly) was called down out of the sky on April 19 as we neared jump run, and we learned of the tragedy that took place on the ground. I couldn't get myself to jump that day, but came back the next day with the greatest enthusiasm. I feel like I've come home.

Thanks y'all! Went and jumped out of a 182 'just for fun' the other day...Had to climb out over a terrified first tandem student with a bad and hurting knee.. and he had to hang his leg out the door... and watch me dive out right over him... what fun... for me that is;) woooo hoooo!