jrfblueeyes

Hollister California

Hi all. I've jumped twice now tandem and am going again in July. I have a question. My daughters will be jumping their first time and I am always concerned with safety. My 1st jump was in Hollister at 15K with a 60 second freefall. I had a blast but have been told that this wasn't safe. My second jump was in Lodi at Parachute center. It was at 10K and with only a 30 second free fall if that. What is considered ultra safe for a 1st timer? Was my first jump out of line? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Johnny

hanim.gif

Man I do not understand why anyone would consider a leap from 15k for 60 seconds unsafe.

Above that there can be oxygen issues with the FAA and its not quite like having to do any exercise at 15k which can be strenuous as in climbing mountains. . I would say sit back.. enjoy the ride... breath deep and fly the whole 60 seconds whenever you can. I myself want to find some places that have the oxygen equipment for some even longer freefalls.. I did some in the past... and they are awsome.......woo hoo

Amazon

Hi John,

I actually work at Hollister as a tandem jumpmaster and we do have an exellent safety record with regards to tandem skydives. Lodi has that same exellent tandem safety record. Jumping from 15 thousand or 10 thousand does not make a jump more safe or less safe. A tandem skydive is probably the safest method out there for your very first jump. The higher one goes though the more you might enjoy the experience.

That being said I would imagine Hollister is a much shorter drive for you. Hope to see you there. Ask for SebastienB|

Listen to Sebastian, he knows what he's talking about...

He does?

and I hope you go out to visit him for your children's tandems

Noooo! Don't let you kids near him! I hear he picks his nose!

he's a good guy.

Yeah, good for nothing!

:ph34r:

Just kidding. What she said. Seb rocks! Welcome to the forums.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

HH, how could you pick on my darling sebazz? Now i have a dilemna....do i defend my precious sebazz or do i just let it go so i don't get kicked off the forums? Decisions decisions...

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Thanks all for the warm welcome. All of you sound like very cool people. I feel a lot better now. I think the person I was talking to was old school military that did most of their jumps at low altitudes in WWII. I don't think they did much if any jumps for fun. What is that kind of jump? Static line at 3,000 ft and your chute deploys right out of the plane? Round chute and not square or modern like todays improved geer? Oh well. Thanks again. Thought I was doing something wrong. Come on July!