snowboundlava

Newbie looking for advice :)

Thanks ya'll. There seems to be a lot of really nice people around here. I can't wait to get to know everyone. I am so excited because my "paw-in-law" just called and said my parachute is in the mail and will be here either tomorrow or Friday. This means I will get to jump my own parachute for the first time. I am so happy that it worked out that way. I was afraid to get too used to the student vector and then have to switch canopies so early and quickly, but now I get to use my own!!!! I'm so glad.:)

I am not from Pennsylvania, I am acctually from Mississippi. I did my first jump (tandem) at Gold Coast (MS). My fiance` and I just moved to PA about 8 months ago so I'm not too sure where Tunkhannock is, but I'd like to check out Ovid. We are planning to go to Lost prarie this summer in July, hopefully I can obtain my A before then and can jump. Until I get that A though we probably won't be migrating too far from the Poconoes.

Advice is easy......

Look around while on the way up...check out the scenery from the airplane. Its spring and everything is fresh and green and alive.

Breath deep and feel your body. Relax.. I know that may seem hard but remember .. you are having fun.....

Run over in your mind how things on the jump are supposed to go..
When you go out the door.. ENJOY your flight......concentrate on and perform your skills eval.. then..... Have fun. Under Canopy... check out the countryside.. look at the clouds....have fun.

I am gonna go to Lost Prarie this summer too... I need to escape from this damn computer.

Amazon

Did I mention.... HAVE FUN