51twinspinner

G'day from up above down under

Just wanted to say hi to all. I live in Perth, Australia and I'm doing AFF 2, 3 and 4 this Saturday. I think it's fair to say I'm hooked. Looks like you have a great community over there and I'm lookin forward to being apart of it when I move to the U.S. in the next 6 months. Play safe.

<<< My fault? You opened the door! >>>

Welcome to the forums and welcome to skydiddlydiving!

I'm lookin forward to being apart of it when I move to the U.S. in the next 6 months.

Where you relocating to in the US?

Play safe.

Always...and play nice is a good idea too!:)Cheers!
B~Squared

When I move it will most likely be near either Houston or Austin.

We have skydiving in both Houston and Austin! So just keep jumping, and then you can play with us this fall!

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

New Zealander's or Kiwi's as they are also known looove their outdoor stuff. If it's extreme they're all over it like a cheap suit. We're pretty much alike and share a healthy spirit of competition. From what I can gather, us and them are a bit like U.S. and Canadian's. I would like to appologise if I have offended any residents of the above mentioned countries with this post.

<<< My fault? You opened the door! >>>

Tell me about your neighbours - the new-zealanders

A New Zealander, a sheep and a dog were survivors of a terrible shipwreck.

They found themselves stranded on a desert island and after being there for a while they got into the habit of going to the beach every evening to watch the sun go down.

One particular evening, the sky was red with beautiful cirrus clouds, the breeze was warm and gentle; a perfect night for romance. As they sat there, the sheep started looking better and better to the Kiwi.

Soon, he leaned over to the sheep and put his arm around it.

But the dog got jealous, growling fiercely until the Kiwi took his arm from around the sheep.

After that, the three of them continued to enjoy the sunsets together, but there was no more cuddling.

A few weeks passed by and lo, and behold, there was another shipwreck.

The only survivor was a beautiful young woman, the most beautiful woman the Kiwi had ever seen.

She was in a pretty bad way when they rescued her, and they slowly nursed her back to health.

When the young maiden was well enough, they introduced her to their evening beach ritual.

It was another beautiful evening: red cirrus clouds, a warm and gentle breeze; perfect for a night of romance.

Pretty soon the New Zealander started to get 'those feelings' again. He fought them as long as he could, but he finally gave in and leaned over to the young woman, cautiously, and whispered in her ear...

'Would you mind taking the dog for a walk?'

was supposed to jump today but (insert random reason here)

Get used to saying that. It took over 30 visits to my DZ before I finished my 11 AFF jumps. High winds were the main reason, but not enough instructors and too many tandems were amoungst the other common ones.