Sylvain

Performance Variable Cayenne

Clicky!

With a little bit more experience I'll just add that the openings will slam you from time to time no matter how you pack it. It barely snivels.

I have just tried my new Pilot 188 this WE and after getting used to the violent openings of the Cayenne, I was surprised by the nice soft snivelling...

At the same WL, the Pilot seems to fly a bit faster without being more ground-hungry (it's just a first impression after a couple of jumps).

But the nice price of the Cayenne makes it a decent deal IMO.

All your dropzone are belong to us!!!!111!

It took longer than the next weekend to get a better evaluation!!
I did jump it that weekend, but only one jump. On that jump, it felt to me to travel further and faster than my regular chute (CLOUD XL) or the TRIATHLON 220! Landing was, to me, FAST!! Keep in mind, I am 55, and have only 30 Jumps. loaded at 1:1. size 210.
I got in 3 more jumps this sunday.. First, Directions say to turn in the nose, to the B lines... I agree, but roll each side about 3-4 turns! openings are softer that way... Factory directions will work, it's just more brisk.
The brakes set position are almost a waste of time.. they only grab about 12 inches of steer line. Hard to tell under canopy if the brakes are unset or set, not much change. 3-4 inches of slack at full speed to take -up of steering line.
A full tilt toggle turn WILL NOT spin you up into line twists. I tried it twice. both left and right side.
First time I ever saw the horizion over the TOP of the chute!! I did this at a touch above 3500. Had my Dytter blasting me in the ear!! second warning!! This was in response to another jumper who said that his PD spun him up, when he did it.
Rate of drop, I timed a 500 foot drop, at full speed. 1 minute. at 4000 ft. to 3500ft.
Landing. first time, I took the toggles to my chest, the chute planed out for 20+ feet. Leaving me about 10 feet in the air. A very perplexing situation. I held what I had and then went full flare. ate some humble pie, and grass.
Last three times, I flare where I think I will be crashing and burning, then flared out. Works great!!
A my dropzone, while a student, the directions for us are to be over the gas plant at 1000 ft, travel down the fence line, going to the freeway. At 500 ft, turn left and at 300 turn left again. setup and land. (TRIATHLON 220 and CLOUD XL) I have never been over the freeway, following these directions
This chute will put me OVER the freeway and at 600ft indicated! I'm a Traveling Man!!
The instructions are on a CD that comes with it..And you will have to use I.E. to properly view it..... Their website has the chute manual in english.

The chute itself is a 9 cell ZP. has closed end cells, and 2 and 8 are partially closed. My Rigger liked the design, in that load bearing ribs have runners going to the top of canopy.

I like the chute... It will get me down safely every time , so I can do it all over again.

Time to give a better update!:
I now have 54 jumps on the cayenne. Not a hard opening yet!
1. I never set the brakes. waste of time. flies with no real difference set or unset.
2. I now pack better. I carefully pleat the a to b to c to d lines. Not just blousing them outward, but pulling them up and getting them square with the world. I think this makes a difference.
3. rolling the nose or not? NOT. Will create off heading openings. one side or the other will unravel before the tighter rolled side. It will dart you around a little. no biggie. Real fun is spinning the "D" bag before putting it into the containerjavascript: addTag(':P')
Just follow the directions per factory, AFTER IT HAS HAD ITS BREAK-IN JUMPS!! I make sure that I leave the slider nose hanging out a ways. Mine opens real nice, now. I think that it needed some time to get the lines shrunk up to the "good" length.
I will add to this edit again, when I get 100 jumps on the canopy.

Introductory jump, just subterminal, because the material is stretching. It could be some reason why the price is just 995Euros.

Introductory jump? Someone lives 20 years ago!

995euro because the manufacturing takes place in east-europe (low labour cost)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habit,
Especially when you are jumping a sport rig

Introductory jump? Someone lives 20 years ago!

RTFM.

995euro because the manufacturing takes place in east-europe (low labour cost)

Check their site. Previous canopies have different pricing.
I don't think the difference is coming from the labor costs, different, cheaper material.