airtwardo

Please allow me to introduce myself...(sorry Mick)

Okay...been lurkin' for a while and made a couple minor posts...guess it's time to bite the bullet.
Hello everyone!
"Twardo" here...some background is in order-
I started jumping at age 18 in 1976 with a small club in Annawan Ill. where I made lots of style & accuracy jumps, and trained a lot of 1st timers. Went to Southern Illinois Univ. which was the only school in Illinois at that time with an active parachute team.
Paid for a big portion of my degree recruiting and training students in the fine art of the static line, at Archway S.P.C. then in Sparta, Ill.
Moving to warmer climes...I put my "I" to good use at San Diego A.S.C., and small DZ in Ramona, Ca. as well as Elsinore...getting my tandem rating from Bill Morissey in 1985, I kept bust taking the large economy sized students that no one else would. (I'm 6'4" & 240lbs.)
I helped start The Liberty Parachute Team back in 1984, a professional exhibition team that is known through out the airshow industry for large flags, lots of smoke and night pyro. We've been the opening act at EAA's AirRendevous in Oshkosh, WI. for the past 20 years, considered to be one of the largest airshows in the world.
Skydiving in general and Airshows in particular have afforded me some of the greatest experiences imagined. I've met amazing people, made life long friends, gotten to jump from all sorts of exotic ships. My log books are a treasure of signatures featuring greats from both the world of skydiving and aviation. Can you tell I love this sport!? I'm currently living in Texas with my honey, a 777 driver for a major airline and an accomplished air-racer & aerobatic pilot, our 3 rug-rats that are without question the bravest people I've had the honor to know...adopted from Russia three years ago they've made our already full lives complete, and four dogs...3 over 120lbs.!
Okay Okay...I know, enough already...
With a "hats off" and a hearty thank you to sangiro for putting this thing together and making it work. It is truly a resource that can only serve to advance our sport in a MOST positive manner.
Blue Skies
Jim

WOW..10 years here ALREADY! :o

Time sure is fun when you're havin' flys! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Crud, I thought you had been on here for years.
So then since you haven't posted much does that make you a NOOB too???:P:P

Yup...only 10 years on here...that's a n00b to many of the 'regulars'. ;)

10 years?? and your still considered a Noob?? holy crap and then add that to the fact that you have to have like 10,000 jumps before your a regular too,
[:/]Ugh, I'm going to be a Noob forever
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Crud, I thought you had been on here for years.
So then since you haven't posted much does that make you a NOOB too???:P:P

Yup...only 10 years on here...that's a n00b to many of the 'regulars'. ;)

Hey welcome to the sport... Noob

:ph34r:

How YOU doin'?? ;):ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~