DangerDoug

NIKE OREGON SERIES ALTI-COMPASS WATCH ??

I just read the thread on the alti watches from last November,

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=684926;search_string=alti%20watch;#684926

and I was curious if anyone has found out anything new about these fancy gadgets?

So far the Suunto sounds like the choice for skydivers, as far as speed of Altitude calculation goes.

My question today is this, has anyone had any experience, or heard anything, about the NIKE OREGON SERIES ALTI-COMPASS? It looks great but haven't seen/heard anything about it yet as far as it's abilities for skydiving.

Cool, thanks

Danger Doug
www.dangerdoug.com
www.maonkeybrothers.ca

Note:
Personally I rely on my two Audibles for end of skydive warning, that's my choice! I use my alti under canopy basically. So let's trust that everyone uses their best judgement for their own safe use of any of the equipment they use, and not get into these discussions in this thread, let's look at the facts on the equipment not the worries around using it!

... You really have to make sure you zero it out before every jump though.

Really? I set my Altimaster II at the beginning of the day and rarely need to touch it again. Aside from atmospheric pressure changes, if this is true then it's not worth a dime (like an Altimaster V).

Bob

... You really have to make sure you zero it out before every jump though.

Really? I set my Altimaster II at the beginning of the day and rarely need to touch it again. Aside from atmospheric pressure changes, [....]
Bob

Love my Neptune, even takes care of that.

I ended up getting the Suunto Vector and I think I'll be very happy with it as you say that you are!

And as far as the comment about the alti V, I have been using one of those for ten years and had to rezero it anyways, so I think I'll be just fine!!
Danger Doug
www.dangerdoug.com