dave610

Newbie & Already Addicted

I made a tandem on November 8th and haven't slowed down. Went thru AFF in a week and got my A-license in barely over a month. The only thing I am enjoying close to as much as jumping is the people I have met, world class is an understatement.
Now I am about to spend my life savings on gear and jumping more.
I have been looking for gear but am apprehensive about buying from online ads. I want to have a rigger look over whatever I am going to buy before I do. Does anyone ever try gear before they buy online or do I just have to chance it?
Also, any recommendations would be great.
Thanks and Blue Skies,
dave

Congrats - I think it's good to jump in fast. I bought my second main that way with no real problem. I talked to his rigger on the phone to get an assessment of the canopy, had him ship it directly to PD, let them inspect it, reline it, and bless it, and the deal was done. I think it's pretty common to have the shipping go from seller's rigger to buyer's rigger.

CZ

Welcome to the forums! :)I sold my rig on the classified right here and mailed it across the country. It is probably a good idea to make a deal with whoever you buy from that if it doesn't pass the rigger's inspection, that the deal is off.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

welcome dave,, i have not bought any gear online but am looking into it. I have sold a main. I shipped it cod so he could view the canopy before handing over the check to ups. everything worked out for me,

With courage being greater than your fear, jump into the unknown and enjoy the best that life has to offer.

Hi Dave, I just started this year and have 19jumps. Few jumps away from my A ;)You are so lucky to be able to jump now! I'm buying gear too this summer. As for taking chances, saftey's first and I think you should try friends out first, or even jump it before you buy it, deffinatly have a rigger or somone licenced to check it first. I trust on your home dz. I'm really new so not sure whats out there. Thats only my opinion. Have a blast!!

Blue Skies and Terminal Memories 4 Life

Hi Dave and welcome. Congratulations on your accomplishments. I remember the adrenaline rush after that first tandem very well.

In regard to the gear. Give Square 1 a call and ask for Lisa Briggs (Skybytch around here). She will definitely not stear you wrong and you can have complete confidence in her knowledge.

Good luck,
Chris

You sound like me when I got started. I bought my reserve online... the biggest thing is... find someone who will work with you on shipping, inspection... all that good stuff. I found that if you have a friend that knows a guy that knows a guy, HE probably knows your seller.

In this I theorize: All skydivers know all skydivers, we just dont know it yet!
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865