katiebear21

Somewhat new

Guess like others I have been lurking (mostly in the Women Only Forum) but feel I should do the full intro.

Started skydiving in August at Z-Hills but live in NC. Have been jumping at Raeford since late August. I'm in the Army so I travel a lot so my chances of meeting many of you are great! I'm originally from MN but haven't been to any DZ's there yet.

I am totally taken with all the people and needed this new sport in my life right now. Timing for me the last 6 months has been incredible.

I'll ask all you DZ.comers to look out for my two friends that started shortly after I did. They are en-route to Colorado and should come online as soon as they get settled. They are probably the coolest married couple I've ever met: Kevin and Adrian Keen. They both just got out of the Army and packed up to begin a new life in a new part of the country together. If you run into them, please take care of them!

Hey to all the other newbies! How many posts does it take to get off newbie status? Nathan told me I need to become a "post whore". Told him I wouldn't stoop! Besides, then AggieDave would have competition! (Sorry Dave!)

BLUE SKIES!!!

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Adrian and Kevin.JPG

I'll ask all you DZ.comers to look out for my two friends that started shortly after I did. They are en-route to Colorado and should come online as soon as they get settled. They are probably the coolest married couple I've ever met: Kevin and Adrian Keen. They both just got out of the Army and packed up to begin a new life in a new part of the country together. If you run into them, please take care of them!

What DZ (or should I say city) are they headed for?

Also, you need 50 posts to get off of newbie status.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Welcome to the amazing world of skydiving...are you started to look up to the sky alot...have you gotten the shakes from not getting to skydive for to long..have you started to plan all your days off and holidays in some sunny part off the world...have you seen As good as it gets, well in my opinion it only gets better.......blue skies and safe landings ..Hallur:)

When I stop skydiving is the day that I die!!! Hallur

Welcome, and WELL DONE for a first post. I may have missed you at Raeford . . . I am on Staff there (Tandems and AFF). I'll be there tomorrow and Saturday; just look for the tandem master with the huuuuge noggin and come up and say hi. Glad to have you here as well. Enjoy! :)
P.S. Lemme guess . . . Andy Serrano was your instructor at Z-Hills?!?!?

Arrive Safely

John

I would say "You don't even know" but I'm sure you do. I have every weekend planned from here through Christmas! Just bought a ticket to Eloy for Christmas/New Year's to be with the other DZ.comers. First time away from the family in 26 years!

This has become my new family!
Hearts & Minds
2 to the Heart-
1 to the Mind-
Home of the Coconut Lounge, Spa, & Artillery Range

Close guess on the AFF instructor... had several actually. Andy Serrano, Paul Raff, Sally Hathaway, and 3 with Derek Thomas. Didn't know then how lucky I was! I will be on the lookout for you this weekend. Just don't sneak up on me!
Hearts & Minds
2 to the Heart-
1 to the Mind-
Home of the Coconut Lounge, Spa, & Artillery Range