Meso

Yahoo Mail Restrictions

Recently, Yahoo implemented a change in their DMARC policy, which controls how e-mails are sent through their network. This change has blocked third party services from sending mail through the network without DKIM signatures.

Essentially what this means is that sites such as dropzone.com, are no longer able to send mail on behalf of a user's e-mail address if that user is with Yahoo.

Yahoo mail users, who have their yahoo addresses tied to their dropzone.com accounts may notice an error like this when they try to use a function that sends mail as their e-mail address.

***** failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 550 5.7.0 (COL0-MC4-F14) Unfortunately, messages from (*****) on behalf of (yahoo.com) could not be delivered due to domain owner policy restrictions.

Return-Path: <****@yahoo.com>
Received: (qmail 9665 invoked by uid 1003)
Subject: Dropzone.com Classifieds - Response to your Ad

At this stage we have only confirmed that this affects classifieds buyers who seek to contact a seller, while using a yahoo.com mail address in the contact form. Using a non-Yahoo address in this form should act as a work-around.

We are busy looking at alternatives that would allow us to send the contact messages without needing to pass through Yahoo's DMARC restrictions.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/yahoo-dmarc-policy-sln24050.html?impressions=true

Meso

At this stage we have only confirmed that this affects classifieds buyers who seek to contact a seller, while using a yahoo.com mail address tied to their dropzone account. Though it may also affect other areas of the site where contact e-mails are sent.

Sorry, just to clarify, in the scenario above, does it affect the buyer when he has the yahoo address, or when the seller being contacted has the yahoo address? Apologies if I'm missing something obvious and/or being dumb.

Also, I just tried to contact myself through one of my classified ads and it worked fine with my "yahoo.co.uk" address. My mail got through via dropzone.com.
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

It is the buyers address that matters. It will still deliver to Yahoo addresses, just not be sent from them.

With that said, from what I've read on the matter. It seems to only affect the .com Yahoo domain - so co.uk etc work fine still for now :)

Can you set the from email address as the @dropzone.com but mark the reply-to address as @yahoo.com?

:)

ETA: would also probably help people get their emails seen as some peoples "from" email field would look funny to some spam systems, however coming from "dropzone.com" may get them into the inbox and not the spam folder. Just a thought.

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message