sangiro

New Tandem Skydiving Forum

Heya all,

On advise from the moderators I've created a new forum dedicated to tandem skydiving. A lot of the discussion in the Instructors forum are currently from tandem masters and it makes sense to create a space where tandem masters as well as prospective tandem jumpers can get together and share ideas.

Have fun and play nice. B|

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=51;
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Are you saying we don't play well with others?
:D

No I am trying to say that they moved us *ahem* "prostitutes" to our own private street corner. We must have been bringing down the housing values, and corrupting all their childrens. :):ph34r:
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Honest question here, why are we moving old posts to this new forum?

I think it would have been better to have posts be made into the forum on a going forward basis. It isn't possible to move all old tandem threads, so the piece meal approach just seems inconsistent?
=P

Honest question here, why are we moving old posts to this new forum?

Honest answers: ;)

-There are active and relevant conversations on the subject of Tandem Skydiving that should be migrated to the new space provided for those topical discussions
-There is a plethora of relevant information contained in older threads that will continue to be useful to new TIs, TIs new to the forums, or to anyone searching for information on Tandem jumps
-Moderators who are assigned to that forum who do not have Mod privileges in the other forums in which the existing Tandem related threads are scattered will not be as effective as intended due to only having Moderator priviliges in Tandem. Blanket additions to the other forums can cause other demographic issues that are made irrelevant by simply moving threads as I am now.
-Regarding Tandem related posts from the Instructors forum in particular: Instructors Forum was created based upon a large amount of interest in a Tandem Skydiving Forum with the eventual intent of this spin-off if warranted. When Instructors was created, I moved as many Instructor related threads from General and Safety/Training as I could to populate the new forum as I am now with Tandem.

As the community grows, it becomes advantageous to split topical forums, grow new ones, revise others, and even get rid of some. Will this be the only change? I don't know . . . that is somebody else's lane. :o
Arrive Safely

John

Not really the place for this question.

There is a considerable difference in how to approach a 182 tandem jump versus a turbine jump with a door big enough for a crouched or stand up poised exit.

Differences on how to get a good exit, different snag hazards, different approaches to hooking up.

That being said any rated tandem instructor should have the skill set to transition from one to the other by getting a quick briefing on the ins and outs.
=P