sangiro

New Dropzone.com Home Page

Heya all,

We've launched the a new home page for Dropzone.com. Take a peek and give us feedback. Tell us if you find anything that';s not working. There's bound to be some quirks (I trust they'll be small) in the system and we'll get those sorted out over next week.

We'll move forward on upgrading the remaining sections on the site soon: Classifieds, Videos, Stolen Gear, Fatalities database, Webmail and the Forums.

Will keep you posted and have a most excellent weekend! B|

PS - How do you get your photo to feature on the home page? It's a little algorithm the checks for recent photos, with certain number of minimum votes and a baseline average rating. Upload your good stuff - we want to feature it!
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Please disregard my last post. It's working ok now.

Good, let me know if you see that again. I have that same setup on a PC here and have not seen that before. If you do see it again, grab a screenshot or make a note of which ad it was.

Thanks!
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Hey there, I took a look at this and did a bit of tweaking to something that was a bit out of place, I am hoping it has solved the problem you've reported.

Just shout if you're still experiencing it.

Cheers

you took the email tab away from the forums page, and it only seems to reside on the home page now.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm seeing them; not supposed to as far as I know, as a dues-paying member... I posted something in the right forum, but i think folks are too busy to look there yet.

O HH -- are the ads here to stay?

thanks
Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

you took the email tab away from the forums page, and it only seems to reside on the home page now.

Are you going to put the email link back onto the Tab line?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm seeing them; not supposed to as far as I know, as a dues-paying member... I posted something in the right forum, but i think folks are too busy to look there yet.

O HH -- are the ads here to stay?

Wendy - we'll remove the ads for Premium Paid members again soon. Just doing a migration from the NameMedia ad server to ours and there's a lot of configuration going on.

That being said, the Premium Members program will be reviewed as well. We do need to convince ourselves again that it still makes sense to offer that option. The premium membership has added a lot of complexity to the site code (to serve special features, filter stuff etc) and I need to be sure the numbers justify that extra complexity.

If we do decide to stick with it we need to figure out how to add more value to it to draw in more members. Open to suggestions. :)
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Nope. Click on the My Stuff button in the top right corner. Email is not being used by enough people to justify it having it's own link in the primary navigation.

that's a decent compromise, thanks W:)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?