j_ung

Jump for the Cause Announcement

Hi all,

Looks like we may have quite a few people in our midst who are participating in Jump for the Cause. Like many of you, I've also seen breast cancer hit near home. I have a close friend who is embroiled in her own ongoing battle, so I'm psyched people are taking an interest.

To those who are jumping, I want DZ.com to do everything it can to support you in your efforts. I've already placed the event on the site Calendar and started a thread in the Events forum. If you're raising funds, please do so in that thread (that way we won't have competing fundraisers all over the joint). Also, please feel free to include links to your respective JFTC pages in your signature lines.

Best of luck out there,
J

What is is actual expense ratio for jftc? If it is really a 60/40 split as Jan Myers claims, then that is out of line no matter what you are raising money for.So what are the real #'s on jftc? Does anyone have the correct answers to these questions?

Chris

There are always expenses for raising money and if the cause is good, as in this one, ( we probably all know those who have been touched by this horrible disease ) then ALL incremental amounts going to prevent it are positive. You can always find flaws in fund raising, and can pick and poke to bring out the negative, but what ever the amount raised, it is good and MUCH better than before the event. ALL incremental amounts go to help fund the research and prevention.
Dano

To J_Ung and the Dropzone.com family: Thank you for recognizing Jump for the Cause and starting this thread! Any and all recognition is truly appreciated.

To Dano (and our thousands of well wishers world wide) Thanks for the positive feedback and thank YOU for recognizing what a difference a small group can make in this world.!

To Chris (et alia) As JFTC is a registered 501c3 "not for profit" organization all records are in the public domain. If searching for this is tedious then I recommend you contact Richard Seymour (our accountant) at [email protected] and he will be happy to answer any and all questions you might have. Richard is our only paid employee but I ask that you be gentle with his time as he's already spread quite thin between his many civic and teaching activities (not to mention catering to 200 + women!) . All other JFTC personnel--including myself and all my partners in this skydiving event--donate their time and energy each and every time.

I can't answer your questions here as honestly I don't know the answers. My job is coordinating several hundred women (and hundreds more supporters) into raising money for breast cancer awareness and research while promoting both skydiving and women by setting a new Women's World Record. I'm not a number cruncher, I'm a people mover.

JFTC has donated money--a significant amount--each event and this event will be our 10th anniversary. It will also most likely be the last JFTC so we're bound and determined to make it the BEST ONE EVER!

Cheers!

Thanks to all who have supported Jump for the Cause in the past and all who will support it this time. We are on track to build a new Women's World Record in skydiving and to donate a RECORD amount of money to our beneficiary City of Hope www.cityofhope.org.

Our website is www.jumpforthecause.com and you can easily see the bios and pictures of the women who have been chosen, those who are still trying out, the formation, the slots, the jumpsuit colors, and the donation totals for each women. There is a TON of great information on the site. You can easily make a donation (ANY AMOUNT is appreciated!!) to the JFTC candidate of your choice directly on the site and I encourage you to do this.

JFTC even has a sister (brother!) event this year as an all male 110 way is slated for the same time at Perris skydiving--this has never before been done and this event will ALSO be raising money for City of Hope.

I'll not be able to follow this thread closely as I'm currently in Thailand with sketchy internet working at the Thai Sky Festival (C-130's ROCK!) for the next two weeks. You are welcome to email me directly (you can find it on the JFTC website) if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you again to all who support JFTC past, present and future. We DO make a difference.

Blue skies, pink suits
kate