sangiro

Dropzone.com enters an exciting new phase!

>>Since you've decided to be a sell-out, do you have any plans for compensating the people who've supported you finacially over the years? Or are you just gong to take the money and run?

Oh but don't you remember from a month or two ago where certain people argued that user-generated content sites don't generate value, are the hardest to run, etc.

At least we now know the motivation behind the huge crackdown on "fun" in Bonfire :(
It wouldn't hurt you to think like a fucking serial killer every once in a while - just for the sake of prevention

...a need for more consistency and security than what is offered by running a website as a semi-professional-skunkworks-two-man-show with very little capital.

You say that like it's a BAD thing! ;)

Congrats HH on the deal...good things do happen to good people.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Ya know, After reading the announcement, Sangiro, it made me realize that I've never thanked you for facilitating this web site. It's kind of nice to have a place to go and read about, talk about similar experiences that many people around you do not share. So thanks for making Dropzone.com a pretty cool place to visit for the few of us who enjoy our sport. Harry

Yo mano,
I've always appreciated DZ.com and the site has helped so many to further their knowledge of the sport and formed a great community.
You guys have done a awesome job in creating special places for us adrenaline junkies.

I'm happy to hear that the new owners have your confidence and I'm happy to see family taking the front seat in your lives.

Once again, thank you.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

thanks for updating us :D

Merry Christmas^^

http://www.skydiverinsurance.com/

You're spending a lot of time running around reviving years-old threads, by appending pointless comments.

This is really all about just advertising your insurance business, isn't it?

Do you realize that this is against the forum rules?

Not to mention his site says

But there are still risks even though tandem skydiving is the safest way to skydive.

Anyone going around advertising that tandems are the safest way to skydive is most definitely not going to get my business.

Anyways, Thanks a lot Sangiro! I'm newly lurking here over the past year or so, and want to thank you for all the hard work you have put into this website. I work for an ISP and I have some appreciation for what it takes to run something of this caliber, both financially, and personally.

Good to see that you obviously have your priorities strait with the family. I wish the best of luck to you in all your future endeavors.

But there are still risks even though tandem skydiving is the safest way to skydive.

Anyone going around advertising that tandems are the safest way to skydive is most definitely not going to get my business.

That particular sentence wasn't worded well; but if you look at the context of the entire page, and not just that one sentence, it's pretty obvious that he's talking about the safest way to skydive for first-time jumpers. I know many instructors who I respect greatly who agree with that narrow point.

That particular sentence wasn't worded well; but if you look at the context of the entire page, and not just that one sentence, it's pretty obvious that he's talking about the safest way to skydive for first-time jumpers. I know many instructors who I respect greatly who agree with that narrow point.

Point taken, Andy. I can also agree with that narrow point. I went back and read through it again, and it doesn't make it sound much like I had initially thought it sounded. My apologies.

I just think that kind of marketing is what gives people the false sense of security on tandom rides. I guess that phrase just kind of irks me a bit.

I'm new around here and this is only my humble opinion, and in no way am I intending on arguing with you. I usually stay pretty quiet ;)

Trying to find Larry Arcadi that used to be on the USS Wabash in the Navy, early 70s. We're having a ships reunion the last weekend of April 2011 in Wabash Indiana. A lot of the guys Larry sailed with are going. Please let him know. A bunch of us went skydiving with him in Calif. back then. I think it was Antioch? Thanks, Pat Lovetro.