sangiro

Dropzone.com enters an exciting new phase!

NameMedia will look at me to find somebody from within this community to take over the leadership role in the forums

That sounds like something Billvon would be ideal for.

Well, he IS PostWhore #1 now. Nobody is ever going to catch him as long as he keeps posting at his current rate. :P

He needs to trademark that favorite phrase of his though - "your one warning". :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Ok, but can you get me to Madjohn instead of jdobleman before you leave? It's been over a year.

Congrats on making a successful site that really worked for the community.

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

What they said, especially about this being a fantastic source of information for beginning jumpers and for making them think.....I know it was for me.

You should take a huge amount of pride in what you've accomplished with this site over the years.

Enjoy the next stage of your life.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

With a real baby of your own coming along, you sure don't need 10,000 babies here :P

Good luck, and we'll try to keep soldiering without you B|

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Congratulations to you. I do hope you got everything you wanted out of the deal.
This site has been a big influence in a lot of people's lives. Mine included.
I shake my head at some of the people and a LOT of the posts. It always made me wonder why you and the mods kept it going.
Then I skip that stuff and read on and can see why.
Enjoy your family and your life.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

I shake my head at some of the people and a LOT of the posts. It always made me wonder why you and the mods kept it going.
Then I skip that stuff and read on and can see why.

I agree. Thank you, Sangiro. I wear my DZ.com t-shirts with the cool logo proudly at the DZ and at boogies. I keep my head down and lurk here a lot. I read my favorite sections religiously, skip the rest and occasionally post but usually stay out of the fray.

One could get lost in here, but I take what I want and leave the rest. I have my favorite posters and my least favorites, and I salute you for giving us this well-organized space.

DJan

Thanks for everything you've done to create a site full of information and that's helped me stay entertained during regular business hours :P

Wishing you and your family well! :)

There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Since you've decided to be a sell-out, do you have any plans for compensating the people who've supported you finacially over the years? Or are you just gong to take the money and run?

Assuming you intentionally left off the sarcasm face... You're way out of line here. Most of the people who gave money either as donations, advertising, or as subscribers did so as a choice and in the knowledge that there were many early years HH supported this entire machine out of his own pocket... When you choose to subscribe to a magazine, or a cell service, or a cable service and they decide to sell, do you get any proceeds?

On a separate note... A place to meet many people online first and make friends with later; a place to stay in touch, a place to learn, to sometimes be humbled and to share for seven years; and for that, I thank you, HH.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Snif, snif. I'm sad, and I don't know why. I missed Sangiro's Synergy, but did manage to show up here in '01 sometime, and managed to get on your bad side right away, knowing my friends were people like Treetop and Peanut4040. I never meant to tick you off, which I seriously hope you know.

It was great meeting you in Rantoul. Putting a face to the name, and being able to talk seriously, which at the time I admit was hard for me to do here, really brought the reality to this site. It's not just keyboards typing random crap (for the most part), it's real people. Real skydivers (again, for the most part), and some of the best friends I've ever had, and truely believe I will EVER have.

Thank you, Willem. Without you and this site, there are literally dozens of people I would not be able to call a close, personal friend, and hundreds I would have not met.

Really.

From the bottom of my heart, Thank You!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Hey Jim! ...Glad to see you're still around!! - Wow! ;)

Many of us who came from the old "wreck-dot" had the propensity it seemed to tick folks off in here. I know myself as well, took quite a while to become "acclimated" :) for sure. But as one survived, and the other passed on, well... I'm not telling you anything here either.

Ahh, yes... Nostalgia. It just aint what it used to be! :P

-Grant
Member FKA "Orange Splat" Wreck-dot, and Sangiro's Synergy

coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Hey Jim! ...Glad to see you're still around!! - Wow! ;)

Many of us who came from the old "wreck-dot" had the propensity it seemed to tick folks off in here. I know myself as well, took quite a while to become "acclimated" :) for sure. But as one survived, and the other passed on, well... I'm not telling you anything here either.

Ahh, yes... Nostalgia. It just aint what it used to be! :P

-Grant
Member FKA "Orange Splat" Wreck-dot, and Sangiro's Synergy

Same here.... Same here.... :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Well, well, well.... look who's the sell-out. :P

I still luv ya. Congrats W.

My thoughts exactly. I think the motto "A skydiver site run by skydivers" will soon turn to an ad-ridden corporate sponsorship (much worse than it is now.) But you gotta do what you gotta do, so good for you and I hope this works out for you and all of us members.

So.... which skydiver is going to start dropzone2.com ? B|:P

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

:)
Although I havent been here near as long as most, I have made it my home and love the family it shares.
This site has also been a fantastic way for me to meet fellow skydivers from far off places and get information.

THANK YOU so very much

;)
(I.C.D#2 VP)
""I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

>>Since you've decided to be a sell-out, do you have any plans for compensating the people who've supported you finacially over the years? Or are you just gong to take the money and run?

I think he’s cashing-out. I don’t blame him. Running this site has got to be a total bitch.

I first stumbled across this little website whilst surfing the perpetual ass-ends of cyberspace.

It was a nice distraction from the usual shit I was into at the time.

Good luck Sanjero.

Sangiro,

Thank you for providing us with the friendships, entertainment and the partnerships that you did. Those of us that were around from the beginning know you are not a "sell out" and we wish you well with your future endeavors.

Thank you for all you did and we look forward to seeing you post when you are not the owner. Although I am sure your posts will stay consistent.

I do want to see you you "Scratch a Sleeping Lions Balls With A Hot Fork!!!!!"

:P

do you have any plans for compensating the people who've supported you finacially over the years?

Post evidence that you've provided finacial support. Then post your bank account info ;)

I'll be happy to refund your investments
Owned by Remi #?