sangiro

How to hide the My Stuff menu and sidebar

Heya all,

We've received a lot of feedback on the new layout and changes. Thanks for that.

One change that seem to be creating some usability issues for users with lower screen resolutions is the addition on the new sidebar on the left of the screen. I've added an option that will allow registered users to hide this sidebar and My Stuff menu. To do this:

• Click on the "Settings" link in the main forum navigation bar at the top

• On the Edit Display Profile page that comes up change the "Hide My Stuff Menu" dropdown to "Yes"

• Click the Make Profile Changes button to save your settings
That's it. The sidebar will be gone. You can reverse this at any time by simply changing this setting back to "No". On hiding the sidebar the link to your Profile and Private Messages (typically accessible via the My Stuff box) will be added back at the top of the page.

Please note we will continue to push features, links and services to the My Stuff box.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

One change that seem to be creating some usability issues for users with lower screen resolutions is the addition on the new sidebar on the left of the screen.

I say force them to buy a new monitor. What is this, 1995?

:)

. . =(_8^(1)

I say force them to buy a new monitor.

:D

I hope you haven't been counting on a monitor to solve screen resolution problems since it's your video card that matters, not your monitor.

Try again. :S

No need to try again.

Though you're not incorrect about video cards and resolutions, it's the shape of the monitor that determines how annoying the side bar is.

. . =(_8^(1)

I say force them to buy a new monitor. What is this, 1995?

:D

I hope you haven't been counting on a monitor to solve screen resolution problems since it's your video card that matters, not your monitor.

Try again. :S

In 1995, you would have been right. These days, I would challenge you to show me somebody with a system where the video card cannot handle the LCD's native res. I've never seen it on any pre-built system, and if you're building your own system, you're smart enough not to have that happen either (I'm actually not even sure it's possible... even the absolute weakest on-board graphics could probably drive an internet browser in 1680x1050, 1900x1200, etc, which is more than enough). LCD's are designed to run at their native res, and are packaged with video cards that can do that for most tasks (with the exception of 3D intensive tasks).
www.WingsuitPhotos.com