evilrob

46" z-po pc for bridge day?

Can I use it? It would be for a Triathlon 210. I have used it on a 260 Mojo at the Perrine (1- 1.5 sec. delay). Of course I will have a 9 ft. bridle and mesh slider.

Yes, you _could_ use it. What kind of delay are you planning on? Slider up or slider down?

As you take more delay, the larger PC is going to deform your pack job more during extraction. On a slider down canopy, especially at Bridge Day (lots of altitude and nothing to hit) I don't really think that matters too much. But if you go slider up and take a deeper delay, I'd start to worry about the pack job deformation potentially (we're still talking single digit percentages here, but why take the chance) leading to more serious problems (tension knots, line overs, etc) with the slider making things worse/harder to deal with.

Are you really so hard up that you can't just buy a 42? There are tons for sale at Bridge Day itself, and I'm 100% certain they are in stock in at least 4 places.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I have a CR 42" I'll sell you for $40 plus shipping.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

It will also deform your canopy during flight making it much more prone to collaspe especially with any front riser inputs. You will also reach the stall point with a shorter control stroke than normal. If you plan on landing in the water, shouldn't be a prob (assuming you can swim).
Hope this helps.
Take care,
space

I have used it on a 260 Mojo at the Perrine

Just out of curiosity, why use the Triathalon then. Why not just use that Mojo?

Because I feel this set up will work just fine at this location. I am for the most part done base jumping. But, since we are on the topic, will a 46" really distort my flying canopy? Or change my flare? thanks all!

I'm not trying to be an ass here but I still don't get it. You have BASE specific gear and yet you don't want to use it? Why?
This is all presuming you still have that Mojo you mentioned earlier.

Are you planning a water landing and you don't want to get your BASE gear wet? Other than that I can't really think of a good reason not to use BASE specific gear if you've got it.

Don't take anything I say here with any authority what-so-ever but...
In the end I'm sure that Triathalon with the 46" PC will be fine but if you've got better gear for the job why not use it?

Because I feel this set up will work just fine at this location. I am for the most part done base jumping. But, since we are on the topic, will a 46" really distort my flying canopy? Or change my flare? thanks all!

How shall I respond to this? You ask a question, I (we) gave you answers. And then you ask if "will a 46" really distort my flying canopy? Or change my flare?"
Thanks for wasting my time. Ask the manufacturer and good luck.
Take care,
space

are stupid or what Forrest? there are lots of important info for you how to do this and you just want to basejump with some skydiving shit...why. with 30 basejumps of experience. sure. do it.

I never said I still have a mojo, I am out of base for the time being. If I had base gear I would of course use it, and no, I don't think you are a ass!

I should of known better! That will be my last post.... Thanks Tom, for all your work.

It will also deform your canopy during flight making it much more prone to collaspe especially with any front riser inputs. You will also reach the stall point with a shorter control stroke than normal. If you plan on landing in the water, shouldn't be a prob (assuming you can swim).
Hope this helps.
Take care,
space

Hey Space,

Can you explain why a large PC could cause your canopy to collapse on front riser input. I trust you but I'm having a hard time rapping my mind around that.

I took a 42 and a 46 with me to tombstone and the person I was with only had a 36 so I let her use my 42 and I used my 46. I front risered in to landing and didn't have any issue luckily.
I've got this really hardcore group of gaurdian angels that need a free paid vacation.
~Dan Osman

...will a 46" really distort my flying canopy? Or change my flare?

Yes. Especially if you are normally using a collapsible PC with that canopy (while skydiving) there's going to be a substantial difference.

I don't think it's going to be the kind of thing that kills you, and for just one jump at Bridge Day it should be ok. Pretty much all the bad things that could happen are survivable over deep water (which you will be) and if you're flying the canopy and decide the flare is different enough, you can always ditch into the water.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com