dmcoco84

Class Action Lawsuit - NPS

Aight guys. Please take personal chats to PMs. This thread is not the place. This is a serious matter and I'd like to keep this thread clean of clutter and dealing only with important and/or relevant info.

Thanks
Coco

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to make a quick note. My goal with this lawsuit is to approach the issue of gaining access to our National Parks in a way that has not yet been done. Through a few people I have spoken with individually and the research I have done so far, I feel my original statement is slightly flawed. Some rewording and plan changing is necessary.

I do not think that our best course of action is trying to secure long term permits. I feel it would be better to pursue a lawsuit involving the “misclassification of an appropriate activity within NPS land due to discrimination” rather than securing any form of a permit. If we stay listed as a special use activity requiring permits, the NPS will be able to regulate us much easier and cause many more problems for us down the road. If we prove in a courtroom that our sport is an “appropriate activity”, then we in turn will not be required to hold a permit. I think it would also be easier to prove a sport is appropriate through factual data rather than arguing for a right of use while still classified as “special use.”

Wording is everything and I’m positive our legal guidance will further mold the suit.

Now, I will not go into much detail here on the board planning and idea wise. As we all know, the NPS does look in now and then! So it is my request that those who have solid legal/political connections and/or ideas please PM me instead of posting. In addition to discussion of your idea, I will pass the info onto other front-runners in the case once we establish other individual’s involvement in the process. But either way, the less the NPS can find out the better!

As I said before I will be in out of the country for July and August for BASE so if you do PM me, please allow me some time to reply. Any help is welcome and appreciated!

Thanks
Coco

I'm not a layer, but I would think about challenging the "arial delivery" thing with "intent" ?!?!?

One would intend to jump from an object for recreation rather than "arial delivery" for squating.

Kinda like the JC issue with the ESB, reckless endagerment.

If he says he wasn't reckless, we say were not squating;)

-A

"Don't keep your pilot chute a secret"

my ? would be what kind of suit will this be, single ind. or a org. eg. uspa.some points i think might be worth looking at. i think it would be smart to try and get manufactures and sponsors of the sport in as well. not only argue the access part but argue the economics as well. try and show how the nps position has an effect on tourism and funds. its seems to me that the courts have been looking at alot of laws outside this country to make decisions.
light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

I'm not a layer...

I'm sorry to hear that...
The world is one giant drop zone now, Bonnie! - Seth Blake