avenfoto

maylasia/asia itinerary

looking for suggestions as to where else is cool in the area for more jumps and stuff for the non-jumping wifey-type to do..... thailand? indonesia?

wondering others pleasent travels in the past.. thanks -b

I can't speak for jumping, but there's load for tourists to do in Thailand.

Chiang Mai, up North, is a great place to learn to cook Thai properly or to take a 2-5 day guided trek through the hills. I went with the Banana Guesthouse crew. Excellent time.

Bangkok is smelly, noisy, and everyone is trying to rip you off. Or so I found [:/].

Down South there's loads of pretty islands, both in the Gulf of Thailand and in the Indian Ocean. Phuket and Ko Samui are probably the two biggest places for lying on beaches, doing some scuba, and drinking too much.

I've never been to Indonesia, though Bali is a huge tourist destination for drunk Aussies.

Hey brother, I am going a bit early and doing some exploration of my own. I know I will be going to see some caves for sure!!!

A website that has been helpful to me so far has been http://malaysia.travel/consumer/

When are you arriving?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...