mysty429

Camping in Twin Falls?

Couldn't find this one on the forum. Where's the best place to pitch a tent?
-Taylor
"Can't plan fantastic!!!!!"

Well if you stay in any of the actual campgrounds you're going to be paying upwards of $20 dollars a night for your TENT. YES that's right more than TWENTY DOLLARS for a bloody tent. Idiotic isn't it? Apparently you can camp on the northeast side of the bridge on what is known as "BLM" land for free but it's pretty barren over there. I went last month with the idea to camp and just ended up meeting somebody and wound up sharing a hotel room. Which was actually just as cheap as paying for a camping site but a lot nicer obviously and you could pack there as well if you like.

there is a campground with showers i stayed at about 4 miles from the bridge. its on the eastern side of the city. 10 bucks a night, soft grass. that was over 2 years ago tho.

nic

its still there on google earth. it on kimberly rd. just north of the Deere st. intersection. it has the race track just to the east. thats all i got.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=twin+falls,+idaho&ie=UTF8&ll=42.549524,-114.426234&spn=0.006339,0.014248&t=h&z=16&om=1

north from bridge, take 2nd right, drive .5 miles. turn right into dirt 'trails'.
camp wherever.

worked for us for a few trips.

(we hid behind a hill, just another 100 yds off the road. just to not draw attentino, up at dawn, jumping before everyone else is nice)

Let me know when you are going to be up. I will be there for a few days next month. Although it will be during the middle of the week. :P

under the bridge

Camping under the bridge is illegal, so if you're going to do it, please be very, very stealthy, and don't get caught. If you are caught, I'm sure everyone would appreciate if you didn't mention being jumpers, too.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

under the bridge

Camping under the bridge is illegal, so if you're going to do it, please be very, very stealthy, and don't get caught. If you are caught, I'm sure everyone would appreciate if you didn't mention being jumpers, too.

I believe a rig in a stash bag would pretty much rule out "Plausible Deniability".
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"